PLAYOFSSSSSSSSS: #3 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS @ #6 BUFFALO BILLS: SUNDAY 1 PM EST

.Buzz

On 1/2/2018 at 4:09 AM, TitanLegend said:

If PFF's PBE is any indication, Buffalo's o-line is really good at pass blocking(2nd best PBE in the NFL, 83. Slightly better than ours at 82.3). The one way to have success against Jacksonville's defense is to nullify the pass rush, because as good as Bouye, Ramsey and Colvin are, the rules just favor WRs faaaaaaaaaar too much for them to not allow someone to get open if the pass rush doesn't get home. Titans showed this blueprint twice in the form of pass blocking(Mariota running in to sacks on Sunday nonwithstanding), SF showed it in the form of quick release by Jimmy G.

So if Tyrod is competent he should have his chances(again assuming PFF's PBE accurately places Buffalo's o-line, I haven't watched a Buffalo game this year). That being said no LeSean McCoy for Buffalo(or a gimpy one) really kills their chances, which I'm not sure I'd favor them anyway if he was healthy, but they potentially do have the recipe to have some success vs your D.

The quick release is the best way because if our DC is dumb enough to have our shutdown man corners play 10 yards off the ball the quick passes are there all day

Yeah it sounds like shady is going to play.

No chance he sits out this game imo, he's been working to get to the post season since he got here and he is uber competitive. Also been tweeting/instagraming about preparing and getting ready for the game.

My guess is he'll play at less than 100% but will shoot that ankle up with as much stuff as the league will allow.

6 hours ago, BillSabre said:

I gotta tell you, it wreaks of an Inferiority Complex.

Sorry that talking about context of wins and inferring about things like Pythagorean wins makes it seem like we have an inferiority complex. It’s not my fault that the Bills expected record based on their production for the season was 6.4-9.6 and the Jaguars’ 11.8-4.2. It’s not my fault projections for this game have us a two score favorite. The Jaguars should win this game handily. It doesn’t mean they will, or that they will even win, but they should do so.

I grew up in Oswego County, about 3 hours from Buffalo. I know probably a hundred Bills fans. I’m happy you guys ended your drought. Legitimately happy. And you guys can absolutely beat us. If we go play dumb football like we do sometimes, we aren’t heading up to Pittsburgh. But the two teams were not on the same level throughout the course of the season. We’re the Jaguars forum, of course we’re going to be discussing the metrics that show these things.

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

How did Tennessee score 15? Shady at 85% is still better than any offensive weapon of the Titans

Their offense had a hand in scoring what should have been 10 (turned out to be 9). I don’t expect that kind of dumpster fire from Special Teams again. I also expect the team to take a playoff game more seriously than a game that had zero impact on seeding.

100% probably wasn’t the proper description for the effectiveness I meant, though. I meant if he isn’t able to physically produce something that resembles typical Shady. 

Over the course of the season, the Jags were better in all of the following.

Offense:

• Points per game
  • Yards per game
  • Yards per play
  • Pass yards
  • Yards per attempt
  • Yards per completion
  • Passer rating
  • Sacks
  • Sack percentage
  • Rush yards
  • Yards per rush
  • Red zone scoring percentage
  • First downs
  • Time of possession
  • 3 and outs
  • Punt %

Defense:

• Yards per play
  • Pass yards
  • Yards per pass
  • Yards per completion
  • Passer rating
  • Interceptions
  • Sacks
  • Sack percentage
  • Rush yards
  • Yards per rush
  • Yards per attempt
  • Fumbles forced
  • Third down conversion
  • Red zone scoring percentage
  • First downs
  • 3 and outs
  • Punt %

From what I found, the Bills were better at

Offense:

• 3rd down conversion
  • Interceptions
  • Fumbles
  • Passer rating (Tyrod only)

Defense:

• Nothing

This suggests that the Jags should roll the Bills. But on the other hand, those turnovers could easily turn the tide.

Archived