Jack Del Rio Fired moments after game

BayRaider

I for one, as many Raider fans, am happy with this decision. Del Rio was needed to change our culture and provide a winning season. And he did that. However, he is not a Super Bowl caliber Head Coach and never will be. 

This was a good decision for the Oakland Raiders. 

Could of waited til Black Monday though. He at least deserved that. 

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I for one, as many Raider fans, am happy with this decision. Del Rio was needes to change our culture and provide a winning season. And he did that. However, he is not a Super Bowl caliber Head Coach and never will be. 

This was a good decision for the Oakland Raiders. 

Could of waited til Black Monday though. He at least deserved that. 

He deserved to get to wait until black Monday.  Fox doesn't and is still getting to wait until tomorrow.  

Just now, JLambert58 said:

The biggest reason it makes sense is how Gruden could develop Carr.  He turned journeyman QB Rich Gannon into a pro bowler.  

Gruden hasn't coached in nearly a decade. Obviously he's still well versed in the NFL but hiring a coach who hasn't you know coached in a long time is a big concern, the raiders were right to fire Del Rio (Especially after his horrible management of the offensive staff) but Gruden isn't the answer.

1 minute ago, JLambert58 said:

The biggest reason it makes sense is how Gruden could develop Carr.  He turned journeyman QB Rich Gannon into a pro bowler.  

The biggest reason im stoked for him. Our offensive personnel are nearly ideal for his scheme.

1 minute ago, OleXmad said:

Gruden hasn't coached in nearly a decade. Obviously he's still well versed in the NFL but hiring a coach who hasn't you know coached in a long time is a big concern, the raiders were right to fire Del Rio (Especially after his horrible management of the offensive staff) but Gruden isn't the answer.

Maybe not, but he's been intimately involved in analyzing the changes in the game, not to mention having a brother who is an NFL head coach.   Not sure if he's the answer, but I can see why the Raiders might have a go at him.  

16 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

If he had been on the golf course or out fishing in Montana, I might agree.  But he hasn't.

Archived