GDT Wildcard Edition: #5 Titans (9-7) vs #4 Chiefs (10-6): Saturday 4:35PM ET

TitanSlim

Playoffs fellas. It's been way too long, so it's never too early to kick off this GDT.

My non glammed Jags GDT worked in snapping our losing streak and getting us to this spot, so don't expect any fancy pictures or fun facts from me here.

I can’t wait for Saturday I’m really happy for Orakpo Morgan Casey and Klug and particular.

Titans can win this game especially if our defense keeps playing like it did today. Byard was so clutch today and Adoree even came up with a big play I heard. 

Offensively something needs to change Henry’s not ready to carry the load. Murray’s still too hurt for my liking. I have no idea why Muhammad and Flu are on the team if we don’t use them 

Smith and Reid being on the other side definitely  doesn’t hurt ?

Also the Titans have had pretty good success in KC for some weird reason so it’s not impossible to go in there and win 

I’ll move this here.... 

One thing about KC, their defense hasn’t played up to its standards this season. 28th in total, 26th in sacks, 27th in passing yards, and 23rd in run defense. If Mularkey/Robiskie weren’t so bad, this offense could certainly put up points. Thing is, can our defense actually do anything to stop their offense?

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I’ll move this here.... 

One thing about KC, there defense hasn’t played up to its standards this season. 28th in total, 26th in sacks, 27th in passing yards, and 23rd in run defense. If Mularkey/Robiskie weren’t so bad, this offense could certainly put up points. Thing is, can our defense actually do anything to stop their offense?

It's not impossible. The defense has actually played reasonably well since the Steelers game. Admittedly, not great offenses, but still 16.0 ppg in six games, including two games against pretty hot offenses in SF and LA and a game against a Jacksonville offense that had hit at least 30 each of the last four weeks.

In the end, we probably lose this game. But I think we keep it close. Marcus looked closer to 100% than he has at any point since the first Texans game, so that may open the playbook up a bit since there's no sense going out of our way to try to protect him now. The interior offensive line needs to be better. Henry made his mistakes today, but he was also constantly getting hit two yards behind the line of scrimmage. The 3rd and 1 runs were embarrassing.

I just want us to play well. A win would be incredible, but I really just want to be able to say that we played a good game of football at the end. If we lay an egg, I'll be incredibly disappointed. If we play something resembling a complete game and lose to a good team in a hostile environment, I'll be disappointed, but not too mad.

6 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

In the end, we probably lose this game. But I think we keep it close. Marcus looked closer to 100% than he has at any point since the first Texans game, so that may open the playbook up a bit since there's no sense going out of our way to try to protect him now. The interior offensive line needs to be better. Henry made his mistakes today, but he was also constantly getting hit two yards behind the line of scrimmage. The 3rd and 1 runs were embarrassing.

I just want us to play well. A win would be incredible, but I really just want to be able to say that we played a good game of football at the end. If we lay an egg, I'll be incredibly disappointed. If we play something resembling a complete game and lose to a good team in a hostile environment, I'll be disappointed, but not too mad.

Defense has played well enough for us to win all our last 4 games. Just the offense. 

If we can come out and do some no huddle and get in a rhythm, then we have a good chance at a victory. 

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I just want Mariota to have a good game and for us not to have a Steelers/Texans type performance. Even if we lose, I'd feel pretty good going into next season (barring us not making a change at OC)  if Mariota plays well in his first career playoff game in hostile territory.

A win would be icing on the cake.

Archived