GDT Wildcard Edition: #5 Titans (9-7) vs #4 Chiefs (10-6): Saturday 4:35PM ET

TitanSlim

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

does anyone know how much truth there actually is to this? i feel like i've seen it all over twitter. obviously we ran more no-huddle but idk that that totally equates to marcus calling all the plays lol

I think you could see it a lot in the second half. The mic in the helmet cuts off with 20 seconds left on the play clock, and he was clearly still organizing the players, reading the defense, making checks at the line and getting us set up after that mark.

11 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

It's always been pretty clear that Robiskie gives Marcus 2-3 plays then he picks the one that best goes against the defense he sees.

"Titans offensive coordinator Terry Robiskie is typically responsible for calling plays.

But Mariota has a framework of plays, which he discusses with Titans coach Mike Mularkey, when the Titans go no-huddle.

Mariota also has the ability to check out of plays at the line of scrimmage."

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2017/12/19/titans-marcus-mariota-calls-plays-no-huddle-offense-best-chance-win-rams-playoffs/954626001/

I honestly wonder how much input Robiskie has in the up-tempo. We only started hearing about Robiskie giving Marcus a set of plays once the no-huddle became the only thing that came close to consistently working for us offensively. That could easily be Mularkey trying to give Robiskie some credit, or at the very least, prevent him from looking like the incompetent play-caller we all kind of know he is. I doubt Mariota has the go-ahead to call any play in the book in any situation, but I question whether Robiskie gives Marcus a couple plays on every down. Sadly, it's something we'll never really know, as Marcus obviously isn't going to throw the coaches under the bus and Robiskie will never admit that the team only has a functioning offense when he has as little input as humanly possible.

That was pretty brutal to watch, Cris Carter isn't exactly a genius analyst either. Sucks to suck, bro, although if we are "one of the worst teams to make the playoffs in a decade" then I don't know how he would describe the Bills or the Jags or his Chiefs because pretty sure we've at least proven we're better than those three.

What is sad, is you can tell that these guys are just reading each other's crap to make their opinions.

One guy says we are the "worst team to make the playoffs" and then everyone else runs with it. It is a weak approach.  If we are the worst, what does that make the team that we beat?  The Browns? lol

They are gutless sheep, reading twitter for "research." They don't know how to think on their own.

7 minutes ago, imDelusional said:

I mean would you take it well? That was a rough loss for them. I understand the frustration. That's just one fool burning a jersey though, doesn't even make sense to blame Alex Smith for that loss anyway.

Yeah, this forum has no room to talk. lol

It was little over a month or so ago, that people were ready to cut/trade Mariota and sign Case Keenum.

However, Smith can't get respect wherever he goes. He wasn't their problem. It wasn't him who decided to not give their Pro Bowl RB more than 11 carries.

Archived