GDT Wildcard Edition: #5 Titans (9-7) vs #4 Chiefs (10-6): Saturday 4:35PM ET

TitanSlim

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I'm not a big fan of Gruden, because it seems like he isn't too up to date with the team an it's personnel.  During Monday night he acted like Mariota was a guy that was running around like Vick.

I think the biggest thing is in-game analysts just recycle whatever they’re given at face value. Most analysts haven’t been noting Mariota’s lingering injury issues, however per Kuharsky we’ll most likely hear about the hamstring + last season’s issues combining to limit his running ability.

Trent Green, Darryl Johnston, Gruden, etc just don’t seem to read between the lines. I think Romo may get it more, but with a team like ours most non-local media don’t seem too informed. 

2 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Had a feeling we'd see Byard on him. I think he matches up better than anyone else we have (though I didn't realize he's only 5'11). Let's see if he has what it takes to rise to the occasion.

11 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

https://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2018/1/3/16841798/all-22-review-titans-jaguars

all-22 review of the jags game. adoree has really pleasantly surprised me with how well he's developing at corner. he has a chance to be really good in the coming years.

Yep. Now if he can work on covering that slant better. I have a feeling we’ll see Adoree on Hill a lot this week.

2 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Yep. Now if he can work on covering that slant better. I have a feeling we’ll see Adoree on Hill a lot this week.

Yeah, if he gives as much cushion as he did against the Jags, Alex Smith's accuracy is tons better than Blake. So Smith will be able to hit them slants a lot better and Hill will take it to the house.

Maybe that was gameplan? Titans knew Blake couldn't hit the ocean standing on the beach, so let him try?

So, I have watched every KC game this year...they are the wife's favorite team, and along with the Packers what I consider my second side piece team. I say that to say this...they are more similar to us on offense than most might think. They rely on the run game to set up the pass game. Their lull in the middle of the season was, I believe, due mostly to the Alex Smith MVP talk and trying to feature him too much. The run game was totally abandoned, and Smith was really forcing throws. The 4 game streak they are on they have gotten back to featuring Hunt...and Smith is thriving.

They are susceptible to the run game on defense, and the secondary is surprisingly hit or miss. They rely heavily on the turn over defensively. 

I think a close game favors us, if they get up early they tend to finish(except for the Jets game) Alex Smith is not great in late game situations generally speaking. I, as a sort of fan, never felt great with him having the ball at the end of close games. That's not to say he is terrible, he just does't seem to have have super clutch gene.

Just excited that we have one more week of meaningful football!!!

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Makes sense, size wise.  I'm not sure how much we can depend on Logan Ryan this week. His ankle is still giving him problems.  Tye Smith has played well however..

I like Byard on Kelce. He's competitive, IMO can handle the one-on-one work. Brown is only a rookie, and while pass coverage is his strength, I feel like Kelce could take advantage of his inexperience. 

I think it starts, again, with stopping the run. Between Kelce and Hill, I'd be surprised if we didn't allow for some big plays. But keep Hunt in check and I firmly believe we can keep it close enough to eventually secure a W.

Anyway, I'm excited, come what may.

Archived