GDT Wildcard Edition: #5 Titans (9-7) vs #4 Chiefs (10-6): Saturday 4:35PM ET

TitanSlim

35 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah credit to you for seeing the downfall coming.   

I still hate the idea of taking interior linemen early. But if we are going to be that type of offense, gotta load up on to line. 

Can only get lucky with two undrafted OGs for so long. I never liked Spain.

Unless there's a can't miss OLB or CB available I like going OL, and I dont think there are any can't miss guys available in the 20s.

2 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Can only get lucky with two undrafted OGs for so long. I never liked Spain.

Unless there's a can't miss OLB or CB available I like going OL, and I dont think there are any can't miss guys available in the 20s.

Looking at Baldy's Breakdown, Kline wasn't that much better. He was getting owned by Dareus. 
I don't know if KC has anyone on the level of Dareus.

10 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Looking at Baldy's Breakdown, Kline wasn't that much better. He was getting owned by Dareus. 
I don't know if KC has anyone on the level of Dareus.

Yeah we could probably use a replacement at all 3 interior OL positions, but I wouldn't expect that kind of turnover.

Idk who is available in FA, but would be a good year to get the best available OG in FA and then draft another in round 2 or 3. Allow us to go defense in rd 1.

8 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Yeah we could probably use a replacement at all 3 interior OL positions, but I wouldn't expect that kind of turnover.

Idk who is available in FA, but would be a good year to get the best available OG in FA and then draft another in round 2 or 3. Allow us to go defense in rd 1.

yeah, i'd really like to use our first pick on a front 7 player. would be really helpful to get another effective pass rusher, whether that's someone on the inside to pair with casey or (preferably) an edge, and i also wouldn't turn up my nose at a playmaking ILB.

7 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Norwell will be the top FA guard. Fits the power scheme much better in the run game than Kline. 6'6 325 compared to Kline's 6'3 300. I think Spain probably gets another year here, but as Blake Beddingfield noted when interviewed by Kuharsky, Kline has never been looked at as a long term guard here just cause he doesn't fit the scheme, but if we switch to a more pass heavy offense, Kline might find himself sticking around because he's been one of the better pass blocking guards in all of football the past two years.

Looking at Baldys breakdowns, we had a whole lot of fundamental mistakes. It was really sad to see honestly. If we don’t fix those errors we aren’t going to win at all.

Baldy also did a couple of clips from the KC game last year 

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

Norwell will be the top FA guard. Fits the power scheme much better in the run game than Kline. 6'6 325 compared to Kline's 6'3 300. I think Spain probably gets another year here, but as Blake Beddingfield noted when interviewed by Kuharsky, Kline has never been looked at as a long term guard here just cause he doesn't fit the scheme, but if we switch to a more pass heavy offense, Kline might find himself sticking around because he's been one of the better pass blocking guards in all of football the past two years.

Yes, Norwell would be an astounding addition. To bring him in as an immediate starter and then bring in someone else in round 2/3/4 of the draft to compete with whichever OG is retained would be a very good start. 

I think we resign at least one of the OGs. They shouldn't be too expensive to where if the rookie outplays them they are getting paid too much for a backup.

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

yeah, i'd really like to use our first pick on a front 7 player. would be really helpful to get another effective pass rusher, whether that's someone on the inside to pair with casey or (preferably) an edge, and i also wouldn't turn up my nose at a playmaking ILB.

I would really love to add an outstanding pass-rusher. I'm not too particular on what position they play, but EDGE would be ideal in a Lebeau defense.

I wouldn't turn my nose up at another CB either, but idk if round 1 is the best place with Ryan and Jackson already locking up 1 and 2 spots.

So I've been looking at KC's big three in Kelce, Hill, and Hunt...and quite honestly I think we match up pretty decently.

Looking at Hunt and the rushing game overall: Hunt is the league leader in rushing yards but we also bring the 4th ranked rushing defense in the league. We are only giving up 88 yds/game, and here's a gem I found: we've only given up 5 rushing touchdowns on the season which is best in the league. As we all know, Hunt is also a threat in the receiving game: 53 receptions, 466 yards, 3 TD's so I think it would be wise to have our best coverage linebacker in Jayon on him. They're about equal when it comes to speed, Jayons 40 time: 4.7, Hunts 40 time: 4.63, so I think he will do well in limiting him out of the backfield. 

Kelce I think is going to be the toughest matchup: He had another monster season, and imo the best of his career. Here are his stats: 83/1038/8. Though we all like to point to Tyreek as the big play threat, Kelce has 5 more 20+ yard plays than him at 19. On our side, we've been pretty elite at stopping 20+ yard plays compared to the rest of the league. We're ranked 3rd in that category, tied with the Chargers, and had we given up 2 less 20+ yard plays, would be tied with Minnesota for the league lead. I still however don't think we have a good answer for him other than hoping we get home to Smith. We're 5th in the league in sacks at 43, and KC is ranked 16th in sacks given up at 37. I couldn't find QB pressure stats anywhere, but KC has given up 83 QB hits on the year (19th), so their O-line seem to be pretty average. They can definitely be had. If we're not able to get home idk who we have that will be able to stop him. He has about 6 inches on everyone in our secondary that isn't a linebacker so even if he's not getting 20+ yarders he's still going to be extremely effective. Though I think we can live with Kelce getting his after you look at Hill...

Hill is going to be a tough guy to contain: I mentioned Kelce's 19 plays of 20+ yards, well Hill has 9 plays of 40+ yards. Adoree should be on him every single snap considering he's our fastest CB, but I still expect Hill to get by him once maybe twice throughout the game. Our safeties have to be in prime position for whenever it does happen. We've done a really good job of keeping everything in front of us this year, which is what Lebeau preaches. We're ranked 10th in plays given up of 40+ yards. If Hill is getting loose this Saturday afternoon I think we're in trouble as his plays are usually back-breakers. Just for fun here are his stats on the year as well: 75/1183/7.

Should be a fun one this weekend.

Norwell would be amazing in this offense. I think both our OGs are more finesse than power. Norwell has actually great in both pass and run blocking this year turning himself into arguably a top 3/5 OG. Both Spain and Kline are average OGs. Both won’t break the bank. If Mularkey doesn’t change the scheme up(which he won’t), he’s going to need to find some interior lineman that can push people off the ball which we don’t have. FA is pretty weak this upcoming season as a whole and Robinson isn’t a big spender at all but I’m hoping Norwell is a target(although he likely won’t even make FA). Other target would be a CB with Johnson or Butler. Never can have too many good CBs. Both Johnson and Butler can play #1 CB while Adoree/Ryan play that #2/nickel role. Sims being the 4th CB. That obviously won’t happen but I’d love it. Then the draft should focus on front 7/RB/WR/and maybe another interior OL. Oh and we NEED to find a better backup QB this year.

I have some hope here only because I'm not that smitten with the Chiefs.  It's going to be loud at Arrowhead and even if we don't come out with a win, it will give the young core of this team some invaluable playoff experience.  I hope we can keep it close and let Mariota pull off some late magic!

- It's that middle of the field that concerns me about KC.  Kelce and Hunt could feast on us if we have those "communication" issues again.

- I'd think about treating Kelce as a WR, and shadowing him with Ryan... Ryan playing that NB role that he excelled in with NE last year.

- Hill doesn't concern me too much.  He's definitely dangerous, but I trust Jackson to stay on him with some help over the top.  

- This is a game where we should feast on the their run D.  PFF ranks KC as the 31st run D this year.  

- They're slightly better against the pass, 21st by those same rankings, but still not a pass D we should be scared of.  Matthews has to get more attention in the pass game, regardless of how heavily we go to it.  He might still be hurt, but his lack of involvement lately is puzzling, if he's healthy.

- I'm actually pretty confident in this game... this is definitely a game we can win... but at the same token, this is a team that can hang 40 on us without blinking an eye.  

- I think we keep up with them regardless... our odds of winning are better the lower the score stays... odds of losing increase the higher scoring the game gets/or needs to be.  

- My faith in Mariota has been restored... not that it ever waned much, but I could see he was struggling mentally somewhat.  He had bounced back some the previous 2 weeks.  But this last 4th Q is the kind of Q he needed to get that swagger/confidence back.  I honestly would not be surprised if he has his best game of the year. 

Archived