GDT Wildcard Edition: #5 Titans (9-7) vs #4 Chiefs (10-6): Saturday 4:35PM ET

TitanSlim

Just now, Titans fan 617 said:

Seen a stat probably tweeted out by a Titans fan that the Chiefs have a bad home record in the playoffs and the Titans have won 4 of 5 in KC recently so we could have luck on our side let’s hope the trend continues 

From another Titans forum I read the stat that the last 4 QBs to throw more INTs than TDs who made the playoffs won at least 1 playoff game.

Which is a hilarious and depressing stat.

29 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

From another Titans forum I read the stat that the last 4 QBs to throw more INTs than TDs who made the playoffs won at least 1 playoff game.

Which is a hilarious and depressing stat.

Speaking of depressing stats what point differential did we finish with I know it was in the negatives?

I've said it before, Marcus was just waiting for the postseason to up his play....B|

Seriously though, could you imagine if that clinching run on Sunday flipped a switch for him and he goes on an absurd run reminiscent to Flacco in 2013 or Rodgers in 2011. Would be the greatest, wildest thing of all time.

2 hours ago, TitanSS said:

I would really love to add an outstanding pass-rusher. I'm not too particular on what position they play, but EDGE would be ideal in a Lebeau defense.

I wouldn't turn my nose up at another CB either, but idk if round 1 is the best place with Ryan and Jackson already locking up 1 and 2 spots.

at this point i think we're really looking for CB depth (ie not brice mccain), so i wouldn't be crazy about CB in the first. i think in a (reasonably) perfect world sims and tye smith are our 4 and 5 CBs and we get a solid early-mid-rounder to be a good 3. that plus byard has the makings of a really solid secondary, with cyprien being the glaring weak link (which is why i wouldn't hate another safety selection either...).

Pash Rusher really is the need over CB. They both can be addressed but we need to find a replacement some where Morgan does get hurt a few games every year. Rak is creeping up there in age he’s not done but getting older. Williamson is a FA correct this year? So pass rush is a need even it’s on the D-Line we need one I believe Jones is a FA too right?

I think I saw somewhere that our defense has only allowed 4 TDs in the last 4 games and 3 of those came against the Rams ( a game we were in position to win).  

It's not impossible as many think for us to win this game.  I seen the Titans are the worst playoff team ever..lol 

Are we the undefeated Patriots? No, but we have some legit strong points.

Chiefs strongest WR is Hill.  But Kelce is their best receiving threat.  That's not impossible to stop enough to win a game.

12 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I think I saw somewhere that our defense has only allowed 4 TDs in the last 4 games and 3 of those came against the Rams ( a game we were in position to win).  

It's not impossible as many think for us to win this game.  I seen the Titans are the worst playoff team ever..lol 

Are we the undefeated Patriots? No, but we have some legit strong points.

Chiefs strongest WR is Hill.  But Kelce is their best receiving threat.  That's not impossible to stop enough to win a game.

People are definitely underrating us.  We have a legit chance of winning this game.  If I was a betting man (or if I was in Vegas right now), I'd bet big on the Titans at -7.5.  I'd even lay some money on the straight up win... -290 I think it was... 

Kelce is good, but the way RBs have been us out of the backfield, Hunt is my biggest worry this game (not running though, I think we're more than solid there).  I'd still consider putting Ryan on Kelce exclusively and take my chances with that matchup.  

I think In Free Agency we have to address CB, S, OG & DE. We need a solid number 2 corner, & we basically can cut Cyprien without much of a cap hit. In the draft we need playmakers on offense, but that only will do us good if we get a coaching staff wit a brain. We need play makers 

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but Gruden and McDonough will be calling the game.  I was kinda hoping we'd get the Romo team, but once we got the Saturday game, that was pretty much out of the question.  

PFT brought up the conflict of interest point with Gruden... how much access will the Titans and especially the Chiefs be comfortable giving him, seeing as he's likely the Raiders coach next year.  

Edit:  I think some are confusing this week's game thread for the draft prospect thread... 

Archived