Redskins intend to let Bashaud Breeland test free agency, per source

mar29020

He was benched, some murmurings that he might have been one of those guys not showing up at practice. 

Let Moreau go for the outside job in >5 DB sets, but otherwise let Fuller expand his competence. You have Dunbar as an injury fill-in outside, and likely another corner developed behind him (when Dunbar hits FA).

You keep 6 corners next year. 

3 minutes ago, footy_29 said:

He was benched, some murmurings that he might have been one of those guys not showing up at practice. 

Let Moreau go for the outside job in >5 DB sets, but otherwise let Fuller expand his competence. You have Dunbar as an injury fill-in outside, and likely another corner developed behind him (when Dunbar hits FA).

You keep 6 corners next year. 

I like Moreau outside with Fuller staying inside.  Hosley seems like a solid guy to keep around too.  You see that block he laid on ST today?

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

I like Moreau outside with Fuller staying inside.  Hosley seems like a solid guy to keep around too.  You see that block he laid on ST today?

Nah, I stopped watching a couple weeks back...when they should have tanked and blew it. 

Hosley is a guy that is expendable as you're building a roster if guys like Fuller and Moreau are successful. He could become a guy like Dunbar that sticks around while he's cheap and can fill-in as a nickel corner. I think there may be room for him during his rookie contract because of focus needed elsewhere.

I see Hosley sticking around next year because of the team needing to focus elsewhere, and Breeland leaving. However, the next two seasons he will be competing for his job. You have to figure the team will draft a corner or two in the next couple of drafts (before the 2019 season). If that player is a day two pick, and Norman/Moreau/Fuller are the top three (and healthy), Hosley sticking around because he can do it all. Again, we've watched plenty of players do it from lower rounds the past 15 years, but it is a tough road. That is the road that Hosley is on. 

11 minutes ago, footy_29 said:

Nah, I stopped watching a couple weeks back...when they should have tanked and blew it. 

Hosley is a guy that is expendable as you're building a roster if guys like Fuller and Moreau are successful. He could become a guy like Dunbar that sticks around while he's cheap and can fill-in as a nickel corner. I think there may be room for him during his rookie contract because of focus needed elsewhere.

I see Hosley sticking around next year because of the team needing to focus elsewhere, and Breeland leaving. However, the next two seasons he will be competing for his job. You have to figure the team will draft a corner or two in the next couple of drafts (before the 2019 season). If that player is a day two pick, and Norman/Moreau/Fuller are the top three (and healthy), Hosley sticking around because he can do it all. Again, we've watched plenty of players do it from lower rounds the past 15 years, but it is a tough road. That is the road that Hosley is on. 

My concern is that Norman is going to leave. That could leave us with a huge need at #1 cb.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

My concern is that Norman is going to leave. That could leave us with a huge need at #1 cb.

And leave money? No.
Players leave when their value is up and they can cash in...I fail to see the market being hot for Norman in the way he'd want it to be. 

37 minutes ago, footy_29 said:

And leave money? No.
Players leave when their value is up and they can cash in...I fail to see the market being hot for Norman in the way he'd want it to be. 

The contract he signed is decreasing in money.  I see no reason he couldn’t get a $15 Mil per year contract from a competitor.  That’s close to what he can get from us and away from our crap environment.

14 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

The contract he signed is decreasing in money.  I see no reason he couldn’t get a $15 Mil per year contract from a competitor.  That’s close to what he can get from us and away from our crap environment.

He was an All-Pro with the corner position transitioning to the next generation, with Peterson, Sherman and Norman as the aging star corners who could last a few more years. Now he's 30 years old, not the elite FA at the ideal age of 28 when he was signed.

I don't see Norman at 30/31/32 getting more than 3 yr/36 MM. He might get lucky and land on a strong team with a top 10 CB deal, but he'd be taken a big risk and needing to be right about the next team he chooses (playoffs/high performance). 

Aqib talib was Bruce Allen guy and is projected to get released . We been interested for a long time I wonder if we sign him , he still a very good corner .

i think skins will approach a win now mode only because we aren't so far from 10-6/11-5 we need to upgrade the D and find a decent qb .

Archived