Preferred web browser   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Web Browsers

• Safari
    • Chrome
    • Firefox
    • Other

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

Chrome for play and Firefox for work related stuff as I try to keep them separate. I don't see any reason to not use Chrome to be honest and especially for Android users.

It's a resource hog on Mac OS. Pretty much the only reason i don't use it as my primary 

9 hours ago, MrDrew said:

Go back and give Safari a try. It's way less resource needy, and it's cleaner.

If you're a Chrome user, give Opera a try. It's Chrome based now, so it looks the same, but it has some cool features. It's also more secure. It does better compression on pages, so pages load faster. Speed Dial is one of the best bookmark setups there is. 

I'll give it a try. I just remember the old safari and how much I hated it. 

10 hours ago, MrDrew said:

If you're a Chrome user, give Opera a try. It's Chrome based now, so it looks the same, but it has some cool features. It's also more secure. It does better compression on pages, so pages load faster. Speed Dial is one of the best bookmark setups there is. 

How's the browser extensions? I need a good deal for work that are only available on the chrome web store. 

18 minutes ago, iPwn said:

How's the browser extensions? I need a good deal for work that are only available on the chrome web store. 

It's Chrome based, so you get to use Chrome extensions. Since they direct you to different stores, there's an Opera extensions that lets you add from the chrome store. Once you install it, everything goes from saying "Available on Chrome" to "Add to Opera". 

2 hours ago, patdt13 said:

It's a resource hog on Mac OS. Pretty much the only reason i don't use it as my primary 

Makes sense. Apple would prefer you use their products and only their products (which makes total sense) so while having it available doesn't necessarily mean it's efficient. Part of the reason I'll never do anything Apple

4 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Makes sense. Apple would prefer you use their products and only their products (which makes total sense) so while having it available doesn't necessarily mean it's efficient. Part of the reason I'll never do anything Apple

Chrome has continued to get heavier and heavier over time. It's bad on Windows now too, so it's not just an Apple thing. 

Archived