Gruden expected to want OC Morton in Oakland

jetskid007

Morton was really the only thing about this current coaching staff that seemed beneficial to keeping Bowles around. I half expected some team to hire him as a HC, but this would take the cake.

The idea of Bowles and some retread stooge at OC again is disheartening. The Jets are never going to win more than 10-11 games in any season Bowles is the coach unless they somehow catch lightning in a bottle on offense, and Bowles can focus on being the CEO of the defense.

I wouldn't mind Bates getting promoted if this happens, but I really hope we keep Morton. McCown looked pretty good in this system, I would like to see someone like Darnold, Rosen, or Cousins in this system with the additional talent we're going to add. 

Arians is stepping away from the game if anything, not looking to come in as an OC. 

The one thing to note is that Gruden will be calling plays in Oakland. Possible Morton would rather continue to build his resume here as a play caller, which could help him in his quest to be an NFL HC. The main reason he went under the radar in the past is because he's coached for Harbaugh and Payton, who everyone knows "run the show" on offense. At least here, he's the top guy - or the "head coach" - on offense so to speak. 

Archived