Dallas will pick #19

WizardHawk

20 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Just for sake of argument for those who want Ro...

Let's say hypothetically Sean Lee is healthy and Jaylon Smith takes a big step next year. If the defense is the same, we run with 2 LBs(mike\will) close to 70% of the time. And that doesn't necessarily mean 3 LBs are on the field the other 30%.

I know we need to replace Hitchens and add depth for Lee but, who are you taking off the field? Not Sean Lee. And Jaylon was acting like the light clicked on for him at the end of the year. There's a good chance he would beat any rookie outright for the other job.

Well we should deal with the reality of what we are looking at now. I know I said I very much hope Gregory comes back better then ever. But until we know we should still keep DE on the board.

At this point, and our position in the draft. Unless we can trade down unless someone great falls to us, but it should be just BPA at this point.

Our defense is good enough that there are not huge huge glaring weaknesses like we had a few years ago. Same with the offense. So BPA or trade down would be my approach. If Cleveland offered us their 2nds, I would probably go for it.

31 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Well we should deal with the reality of what we are looking at now. I know I said I very much hope Gregory comes back better then ever. But until we know we should still keep DE on the board.

At this point, and our position in the draft. Unless we can trade down unless someone great falls to us, but it should be just BPA at this point.

Our defense is good enough that there are not huge huge glaring weaknesses like we had a few years ago. Same with the offense. So BPA or trade down would be my approach. If Cleveland offered us their 2nds, I would probably go for it.

I think safety is a pretty glaring need. I mean, Jeff Heath is our best guy. Byron Jones and Frazier were rotating at the end of the season as it appears the coaches were trying to find a solution. Also Demarcus Lawrence isn't under contract, and our other edge rusher is Tyrone Crawford. 

Still several weeks away, but wanted to see if any Dallas fans would be interested in representing your franchise this year in our mock draft.  If you aren't familiar with it, it's geared toward having an individual GM, but several members expand it for their entire team forum to get involved.

If interested, let us know in the thread.

Thanks

8 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Just for sake of argument for those who want Ro...

Let's say hypothetically Sean Lee is healthy and Jaylon Smith takes a big step next year. If the defense is the same, we run with 2 LBs(mike\will) close to 70% of the time. And that doesn't necessarily mean 3 LBs are on the field the other 30%.

I know we need to replace Hitchens and add depth for Lee but, who are you taking off the field? Not Sean Lee. And Jaylon was acting like the light clicked on for him at the end of the year. There's a good chance he would beat any rookie outright for the other job.

The reality is, as much as I love the General, assuming he will be healthy is a stretch. So I would absolutely want his heir on the team a year early than a year late.

Further, the most important players in this defensive scheme are our Lbs. Having another potentially good one is valuable.

I want back up at LB for when Lee misses games next year but again who we get at 18 depends really on if we re-sign Gregory. IF we don't DL has to be this pick.   IF we do then back up LB...

I do think we need to add a lot of depth at OL...   and WR or safety... but you can find starter talent in the later rounds at these positions.

Archived