The Drought is Over

bigbadbuff23835

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Between you and the Jaguars, which team has the best shot at beating the Patriots?  Because I'll root for that team.  No offense.  I only love you guys when you play the Patriots.  Congratulations on the playoffs though. 

Jaguars have the more talented team and a legit defense but we may have more to play for. Between the cheap shot by Gronkowski. And having that TD stole from us on the replay. We have more incentive. However Jaguars wouldn't play the Patriots until the AFC championship cause they are the highest seed in the wildcard round. The Patriots will either get Chiefs, Titans, or Bills in round 2

The drought ending makes me feel like reminiscing and watching the Four Falls of Buffalo and knocking back a good decent amount of beers. I think it will be interesting watching it now that we've got some light around the Bills once again.  

53 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

The drought ending makes me feel like reminiscing and watching the Four Falls of Buffalo and knocking back a good decent amount of beers. I think it will be interesting watching it now that we've got some light around the Bills once again.  

The greatest part about that is, it's narrated by the great William Fichtner. Between Heat, Armageddon, The Perfect Storm, The Longest Yard, Prison Break the list goes on, this guys steals every movie/show he is in.

Been in love with him before I even knew he was a Buffalo native. 

6 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

The greatest part about that is, it's narrated by the great William Fichtner. Between Heat, Armageddon, The Perfect Storm, The Longest Yard, Prison Break the list goes on, this guys steals every movie/show he is in.

Been in love with him before I even knew he was a Buffalo native. 

Ol' Billy Fichtner. I read online a while ago that he's directed a couple movies in Buffalo which is pretty awesome. 

I kind of think after some time we'll look back on the drought years in a similar way to the Super Bowl years. There won't be the same sort of pride obviously but just acceptance. 

God this documentary makes me just love Bill Polian so much. 

2 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Well I thought I might be out of tears after New Years Eve. Nope.

Also, I don't know if this has been talked about, but the fact that this team made the playoffs through a three game skid right after a hot start and, in the end, overcame a "Classic Bills" moment is really incredible in the grand scheme of this drought. It really just felt as a total shedding of past failures when I look back at it in hindsight. This team made us think it was just a regular year and in the end they came through for us, that's really cool the more I think about it.

3 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Next step is a home playoff game.

I will gladly pay $1000+ dollars to sit in the cold and the snow and watch this team play at the Ralph in January.

9 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Next step is a home playoff game.

I will gladly pay $1000+ dollars to sit in the cold and the snow and watch this team play at the Ralph in January.

Absolutely. I'd fly up in a heartbeat. If this team ever wins the Super Bowl I'm flying up, taking a week off and going on a mass table murder spree. 

It is a great finish to the regular season and a long time in coming, but if we want to be a consistent contender, we still must find a franchise QB? At least, it is one of the greatest QB drafts of all time with as many as 7 or 8 possible 1st rounders, so we should get somebody with a chance to be special!!!

6 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

This is a pretty great article from the Buffalo News on former players reactions to the drought ending. They interviewed guys like Fitz, Moorman and Lee Evans. Lee Evans watched the game live and apparently his son is a Bills fan which is awesome. 

GOAT article. All of those guys in the article are why I a became a Bills fans. They were the players on the team when i first started watching, and I’m gratsful that they cared about us as much as they do. Awesome stuff.

How many of you guys still live in western NY?

It’s currently 24 degrees below zero after wind chill, bunch of snow and this is the happiest I’ve seen the community in a while. Everyone is really embracing this. I’ve seen supermarkets with signs that read “Jaguar Meat” in the protein section, I’ve seen 19.99 pizza and wing specials, it’s truly been remarkable.

7 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

GOAT article. All of those guys in the article are why I a became a Bills fans. They were the players on the team when i first started watching, and I’m gratsful that they cared about us as much as they do. Awesome stuff.

I loved it. Those guys in that article are my generation of Bills. Kelly, Reed, Thurman and Bruce were before my time. Evans, Moorman and McGee were my Bills. I think it speaks to the city how many players stay in the area after their retirement and still root for the Bills. I had no idea Terrance McGee stayed in the area, that was really cool for me. I thought it was interesting how many players wished they were the ones to end the drought, for personal reasons as well as from an organizational perspective. 

I said it before but I think the drought will be accepted not too long from now. We had some great players and great people who went through the organization and deserve some level of appreciation. 

6 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

How many of you guys still live in western NY?

It’s currently 24 degrees below zero after wind chill, bunch of snow and this is the happiest I’ve seen the community in a while. Everyone is really embracing this. I’ve seen supermarkets with signs that read “Jaguar Meat” in the protein section, I’ve seen 19.99 pizza and wing specials, it’s truly been remarkable.

I wish I was up there to see it. I've never lived in NY, my dad is from the Town of Tonawanda and is the reason I'm a Bills fan. I go up there ever year for Thanksgiving and I'm always blown away by the support every year, I'd love to see while there is actually something amazing to celebrate and not just loving the Bills because it's their team. 

Archived