The Drought is Over

bigbadbuff23835

It’s still hitting me. I just turned 24 a month and a half ago, and yesterday was one of the best days of my life. I’ve never seen a Bills playoff game. I finally got season tickets this year and it was this season. It was magical. 

It’d be hard to describe what being a Bills fan really means to someone that isn’t a die hard fan like we are. I’ve been with my girlfriend for over three years now and when we first started dating she thought I was joking when I told her how much this franchise has met to me, seeing me get visibly upset over losses, or over excited over meaningless September victories was crazy to her. Over time she came to see that being a Bills fan isn’t just rooting for a football team, it’s rooting for my hometown, for the people that walk through Wegmans every Sunday morning wearing Bills jerseys ranging from Jim Kelly, to Stevie Johnson, Ej Manuel, Tyrod Taylor, and Kyle Williams. It doesn’t matter, anything Bills related and the people of Western New York ravish in it.

It isn’t just rooting for a football team. In my darkest days I’ve told myself that nothing will ever happen to me because God would never let anything happen to me until I’ve seen the Buffalo Bills win a super bowl. All of the time and effort, and emotion I’ve put into this team since i was 8 years old, I along with all of you deserve it.

i went through my entire childhood, and current adult life having people laugh at me for being a Bills fan. Never once was i ashamed. I may have been furious at the team for stupid decisions, but being a part of the Bills Mafia and sharing that with greatest fan base in all of sports is my greatest pride.

We deserve this, our city and fan base deserve this.

This is for Freddy, Stevie, and Aarron Williams just as much as it is for everyone on the current team.

Guys need to know that players that choose Buffalo, and want to be here are legends in this town. We take them in and love them unconditionally because we are so often looked over. 

I am so unbelievably happy and i don’t ever want this feeling to go away. Today we can call ourselves winners, and a playoff team. No one can take that away from us.

26 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

It’s still hitting me. I just turned 24 a month and a half ago, and yesterday was one of the best days of my life. I’ve never seen a Bills playoff game. I finally got season tickets this year and it was this season. It was magical. 

It’d be hard to describe what being a Bills fan really means to someone that isn’t a die hard fan like we are. I’ve been with my girlfriend for over three years now and when we first started dating she thought I was joking when I told her how much this franchise has met to me, seeing me get visibly upset over losses, or over excited over meaningless September victories was crazy to her. Over time she came to see that being a Bills fan isn’t just rooting for a football team, it’s rooting for my hometown, for the people that walk through Wegmans every Sunday morning wearing Bills jerseys ranging from Jim Kelly, to Stevie Johnson, Ej Manuel, Tyrod Taylor, and Kyle Williams. It doesn’t matter, anything Bills related and the people of Western New York ravish in it.

It isn’t just rooting for a football team. In my darkest days I’ve told myself that nothing will ever happen to me because God would never let anything happen to me until I’ve seen the Buffalo Bills win a super bowl. All of the time and effort, and emotion I’ve put into this team since i was 8 years old, I along with all of you deserve it.

i went through my entire childhood, and current adult life having people laugh at me for being a Bills fan. Never once was i ashamed. I may have been furious at the team for stupid decisions, but being a part of the Bills Mafia and sharing that with greatest fan base in all of sports is my greatest pride.

We deserve this, our city and fan base deserve this.

This is for Freddy, Stevie, and Aarron Williams just as much as it is for everyone on the current team.

Guys need to know that players that choose Buffalo, and want to be here are legends in this town. We take them in and love them unconditionally because we are so often looked over. 

I am so unbelievably happy and i don’t ever want this feeling to go away. Today we can call ourselves winners, and a playoff team. No one can take that away from us.

Hell of a post man. It really feels like a huge weight has been lifted off of me and the Bills franchise as a whole. I love what you said about rooting for the Bills being so much more than just rooting for a sports team and I genuinely don't feel like another team has the same dynamic. I am so happy that the people of Buffalo can be proud of their Bills once again, they've never stopped supporting them but now they've got something they can really be proud of. The videos of the fans at the airport greeting the players and coaches when they returned was so moving. It was a frigid cold New Years Eve night and they came out to show their support for their team, that's incredible. 

The bolded part is beautiful, I've lived away from Bills territory my entire life and have always had jokes thrown my way about the Bills even if it was in good humor. One of the most special moments for me last night was getting to the place I was going for New Years (I had the Ravens game on the radio on the way there) and having all of my friends congratulate me because they knew how much it meant to me, they treated me like I just won a marathon or something and it was amazing. 

We all deserve to soak this up for as long as possible and I'm really glad I got to share this moment with everyone on here, you guys are the best!

Edit: I'm also so happy we were able to reward a player who has stuck with this team his entire career and genuinely loves the city of Buffalo. We've had some great players and great people walk through our doors without ever tasting the postseason and it is great to finally have a Bills legend make it.

You guys see the thing about Bills fans donating money to Dalton's charity as a thank you? A lot of the donations were for $17 and he's got over $57k in donations from Bills fans. I threw my $17 in there as well. He deserves every dollar he gets. 

@bigbadbuff23835 @LeeEvans

You both have summed up perfectly everything I have been feeling as well. It has never been easy being a Bills fan. Especially when some of my best friends became Pats fans in the early 2000's 9_9

This is more then just a football team. It's a way of life. Every year we told ourselves this will be the year even if we really didn't believe it. We have been teased by so many false starts and "big moves" that it just became a sick joke. 

But not now. Not with Sean and Brandon. They did something in 10 months that no other coach or GM could do with years on the job and more talent at the helm. Howe easy would it have been to completely collapse after the 3 game losing streak? Who would have batten an eye at that? Likely none of us. But this team finally showed the passion and drive that the city and fanbase has for their whole lives. 

I will always be indebted to Sean McDermott, Brandon Beane, Kyle Williams, Eric Wood, Tyler Boyd and of course Andy Dalton. Sometimes it is better to be lucky then good and we, Bills Mafia, are finally in the dance. LETS GO BUFFALO!

I still don't believe im going to be watching a Buffalo Bills playoff game called by Romo and Nantz on Sunday. If our D can shut down Bortles & Co, get a few turnovers, and get production out of Tyrod / Shady (plz play), I think we have a chance.

It's the playoffs, anything can happen! I would much rather go up against Jacksonville than the Chiefs TBH. I know we already beat them in arrowhead but when they're on, they're on.

Archived