2018 Coaches Discussion Thread

iLikeDefense

11 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

I would explode. It does sound like Talib is out the door. Vic Lombardi had a tweet today about how some of the "bigger personalities" on the team are going to be out the door. My guess- Talib is gone, Sanders might be behind him. So it seems likely that Todd Davis and CJ Anderson will be back. It's a total joke.

Allbright has said for weeks that Stewart; Marshall and Barrett will all be gone.

14 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Allbright has said for weeks that Stewart; Marshall and Barrett will all be gone.

I think Talib is gone - a cap hit of $12m and only $1million in dead cap money

However -

Stewart $5.9million with $4.5million in dead cap money

Marshall $7million with $6million in dead cap money

Barrett is an RFA

Getting rid of these three players makes absolutely zero sense - unless they have been critical of Joseph (in which case Joseph should be the one being shown the door rather than the spine of the defence).

If you want to save money then the players to be cut are (and most wouldn't be missed) -

Talib $11million

Watson $5million

Anderson $4.5million

Stephenson $3.25million

Green $3million

Davis $2.75million

Barbre $2.35million

Crick $2.25million

Charles $1.5million

Kerr $1.5million

Turner $0.80million

Siemian $0.72million

Garcia $0.70million

Osweiler $0.775million

Heuerman $0.70million

Fowler $0.615million

21 minutes ago, jolly red giant said:

I think Talib is gone - a cap hit of $12m and only $1million in dead cap money

However -

Stewart $5.9million with $4.5million in dead cap money

Marshall $7million with $6million in dead cap money

Barrett is an RFA

If they're designated as June 1 cuts, Marshall and Stewart save 9.5 million with only 3.4 million dead money.

Quite a few of the players you listed are not under contract in 2018, a lot of those figures represent their 2017 cap numbers.

1 hour ago, BroncoBruin said:

Just wait until Elway purges half the good players on our defense to pay Cousins. This franchise has become an absolute joke.

Surely he has learned his lesson from superbowl 48 that building a team solely around a QB is a terrible idea? Besides that QB literally had the best season of all time that year, Cousins isn’t Manning. 

3 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Surely he has learned his lesson from superbowl 48 that building a team solely around a QB is a terrible idea? Besides that QB literally had the best season of all time that year, Cousins isn’t Manning. 

On paper it couldn't make less sense. Signing Cousins only made sense if you keep the defense together. Otherwise just draft a QB and carry over as much cap room as possible.

Archived