2018 Coaches Discussion Thread

iLikeDefense

10 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

I honestly thought that was a good hire. He was well liked by Hardwick and helped that OL during LT’s legit days.

I thought he did a nice job. Talent deficiency was the problem. RT turnstile, rookie LT and that Garcia/Barbre mess. The running game improved, they just never stuck wirh it. 

Obviously not a decision I am happy with. I really can't add anything to what most of you have said. 

That being said, does Adam Schefter have any credibility left? First he reports Paxton Lynch was going to start when Trevor was benched the first time, then he reports Vance is going to be fired. I know we live in an era of hot takes and it's better to be first than it is to be right but sheesh. 

4 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Obviously not a decision I am happy with. I really can't add anything to what most of you have said. 

That being said, does Adam Schefter have any credibility left? First he reports Paxton Lynch was going to start when Trevor was benched the first time, then he reports Vance is going to be fired. I know we live in an era of hot takes and it's better to be first than it is to be right but sheesh. 

Seems like he's been shut out by Dove Valley in the Elway era. I remember when he broke Portis for Champ.

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Generally agree but 3 factors at play:

1.   All the firings mean the talent pool for HC lower right now.  Ari & Cin likely add to the pool.  

2.   More importantly we aren’t a great landing spot with our roster.  

3.   Musgrave showing well makes it harder for  a hire with a new HC who likely wants “his guy”.  

I agree that VJ firing better in long run but those 3 factors probably changed Elway’s view along with the players’ support. 

Ok it also jams up the qb position they won't draft a qb with a lame duck head coach. 

2 hours ago, broncofan48 said:

Call it a gut feeling but with an incumbent/incapable coach we won’t draft a rookie QB.  Get ready to gut the team for Kirk Cousins.  I can’t shake the feeling that’s what elway will do 

Bingo this is exactly what he will do this franchise is in free fall. I envy the Browns right now.

You could see this coming from a mile away.  I mean in order for Vance Joseph to be fired Elway would have to self evaluate and ask himself.  What reasons did I hire Vance Joseph to begin with? He can't answer that just like none of us can now.

And Cousins is the target Elway will go back to the well that worked for him the first time. I'm optimistic until we sign Cousins than I riot.

Sean Mcvay was my favorite HC canidate last year would of brought stability to the offense, could of kept wade on d. And Elway didn't even interview him.

Archived