2018 Coaches Discussion Thread

iLikeDefense

14 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Yep and we get to coach Baker on the North team.

Do we know that?  I thought rosters weren’t finalized until the 17th.   OKL seems like it could go either way distribution wise.  Plus your boy Benkert will be there he will need a big week.   

Guys like Rashad Penny and Anthony Miller who aren’t likely to sniff action until Day 2 - plus trench and ILB guys aplenty.  We really got a break getting the invite.   One of the benefits from NYG and IND firing their HC without a replacement I guess and CLE owning the other top 4 picks ahead of us (how do they choose the NFL teams anyways?).

Sounds like a stand-alone thread coming soon! B|

16 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Do we know that?  I thought rosters weren’t finalized until the 17th.   OKL seems like it could go either way distribution wise.  Plus your boy Benkert will be there he will need a big week.   

Guys like Rashad Penny and Anthony Miller who aren’t likely to sniff action until Day 2 - plus trench and ILB guys aplenty.  We really got a break getting the invite.   One of the benefits from NYG and IND firing their HC without a replacement I guess and CLE owning the other top 4 picks ahead of us (how do they choose the NFL teams anyways?).

I believe OU will be in the North.

Crosby is another player I hope Denver takes a long look at. He was very good for Oregon for most of the year from what I saw. The character of the guy too for wearing number 58 in the Vegas Bowl to honor the victims. Would be a great get if he is there in the early 2nd to play LT or RT.

Crosby is another player I hope Denver takes a long look at. He was very good for Oregon for most of the year from what I saw. The character of the guy too for wearing number 58 in the Vegas Bowl to honor the victims. Would be a great get if he is there in the early 2nd to play LT or RT.

I think Crosby is one of the most NFL ready OT prospects in this draft. Might not have the upside of someone like Brian O'Neil but more than half the time upside is an illusion and you shoot yourself in the foot for not taking the guy that can play right away. Crosby has the size, technique, toughness and is an advanced stats darling. He would be a tremendous R2 pick and will rise as the draft gets closer. Wont stand out much at the combine IMO but has the prerequisite physical traits to play as a bookend RT. Give me his motor, technique and edge over a 5.0 40 type athletic marvel almost ever time.

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

This coaching the senior bowl makes retaining Vance Joseph worth it. Even if Vance is a bridge head coach this roster needs talent. It's aging and very top heavy. The last guy we drafted thats top 10 on the roster is Shane Ray in 2015.

And are we sure he's even in the top ten?

4 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Doubting me doesn't work well for most lol

2 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I think Crosby is one of the most NFL ready OT prospects in this draft. Might not have the upside of someone like Brian O'Neil but more than half the time upside is an illusion and you shoot yourself in the foot for not taking the guy that can play right away. Crosby has the size, technique, toughness and is an advanced stats darling. He would be a tremendous R2 pick and will rise as the draft gets closer. Wont stand out much at the combine IMO but has the prerequisite physical traits to play as a bookend RT. Give me his motor, technique and edge over a 5.0 40 type athletic marvel almost ever time.

Yep he really is who I want at the top of round 2. I am afraid he will end up in the first though.

2 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

And are we sure he's even in the top ten?

I mean Miller, Harris, Talib, Stewart, Leary, D. Thomas, Marshall, Wolfe, Sanders, 

Barret, Ray. He's borderline the point is to go 2 years without getting guys in the top 10 range of your roster is bad.

Archived