2018 Coaches Discussion Thread

iLikeDefense

44 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

What do you guys remember about Don Martindale as the defensive coordinator in 2010? I know the defense wasn't good, but was that on him or other factors? I'm absolutely dreading the Ravens actually regressing from Pees' incompetence, so if there's a silver lining here I would love to hear it. But not expecting it. 

Hard to judge him negatively based on that season because the players hated McDaniels and had mailed it in. 

7 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Elway looks pretty bad, even desperate, here. 

Generally agree but 3 factors at play:

1.   All the firings mean the talent pool for HC lower right now.  Ari & Cin likely add to the pool.  

2.   More importantly we aren’t a great landing spot with our roster.  

3.   Musgrave showing well makes it harder for  a hire with a new HC who likely wants “his guy”.  

I agree that VJ firing better in long run but those 3 factors probably changed Elway’s view along with the players’ support. 

What an unbelievably stupid move by Elway. His gut appears to have told him to fire Joseph, but the players convinced him. CJ Anderson has more power on this team than John Elway. Pathetic. Equally pathetic is that now Anderson and Todd Davis will probably be back as full throated supporters of Coach Goofy. All this garbage from the players about how much they liked him, where the hell was the effort all year then? 

I'm just going to say this now, if Vance is god awful in the beginning of next season, both he and Elway need to be fired. Elway for being unable to build a team, and Vance because he's a trash HC. I hope I'm wrong, but Denver went 5-11 playing an awful schedule with more blowouts than the Browns. How this guy managed to keep his job is beyond me.

What's worse, we're going to now elevate Kubiak, who has no discernible GM credentials that I'm aware of, to a prominent position, while keeping, I'm sure, his son on in some elevated capacity. Olivo better be canned immediately. I'm sure we'll find a reason to keep him though. 

9 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

What an unbelievably stupid move by Elway. His gut appears to have told him to fire Joseph, but the players convinced him. CJ Anderson has more power on this team than John Elway. Pathetic. Equally pathetic is that now Anderson and Todd Davis will probably be back as full throated supporters of Coach Goofy. All this garbage from the players about how much they liked him, where the hell was the effort all year then? 

I'm just going to say this now, if Vance is god awful in the beginning of next season, both he and Elway need to be fired. Elway for being unable to build a team, and Vance because he's a trash HC. I hope I'm wrong, but Denver went 5-11 playing an awful schedule with more blowouts than the Browns. How this guy managed to keep his job is beyond me.

What's worse, we're going to now elevate Kubiak, who has no discernible GM credentials that I'm aware of, to a prominent position, while keeping, I'm sure, his son on in some elevated capacity. Olivo better be canned immediately. I'm sure we'll find a reason to keep him though. 

Agreed. And then we pass on Barkley if he is there at 5 out of respect for CJ... 

3 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Agreed. And then we pass on Barkley if he is there at 5 out of respect for CJ... 

I would explode. It does sound like Talib is out the door. Vic Lombardi had a tweet today about how some of the "bigger personalities" on the team are going to be out the door. My guess- Talib is gone, Sanders might be behind him. So it seems likely that Todd Davis and CJ Anderson will be back. It's a total joke.

Just now, broncofan48 said:

Call it a gut feeling but with an incumbent/incapable coach we won’t draft a rookie QB.  Get ready to gut the team for Kirk Cousins.  I can’t shake the feeling that’s what elway will do 

I think he's going to go in on Tyrod Taylor. I have a gut feeling. Taylor is a safe QB with the ball, offers both run and pass ability, could be paired with a Barkley/Anderson duo, and won't be as expensive.

5 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

I think he's going to go in on Tyrod Taylor. I have a gut feeling. Taylor is a safe QB with the ball, offers both run and pass ability, could be paired with a Barkley/Anderson duo, and won't be as expensive.

That would be my preference as well but similar to ware ward and talib I see elway making a splash move

Archived