2018 Coaches Discussion Thread

iLikeDefense

16 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Who would the Bengals ever get who is better than Marvin Lewis.  Had he left the Bengals and the Broncos fired VJ...I would have pounded my fist on the table to hire him.  

Is Marv their gm? I mean 0 playoff wins in 15 years there has to he a disconnect somewhere.

5 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

They won't raise ticket prices?  Maybe they should to get in some more marquee guys.  

Has anyone noticed that the spending stopped once the team went into a Bowlen Family Trust.  This is why you are getting guys like Watson instead of Whitworth.  If Pat was in the mix...he would have pulled the trigger on getting better talent in. 

The rest of the family is what is holding this team back. 

What needs to happen is Elway needs to do is remove himself as GM (replace with Kubiak, who I just read is getting more personnel decision power)...put a group together that would include Elway and Manning to purchase the Broncos, and then they can operate the team as Pat normally would...if not better. 

In the letter he said we can't fall back on entitlement. And said sorry we had our first losing season in 7 years.

It's like he's building us fans up for a drought that's about to hit dove valley. I don't like that I don't like calling fans entitled because they expect to win.  

How about taking some accountability that you and Elway essentially wasted the best defense the Broncos have ever had. I get it Elway drafted and put together that defense but he let the rest of the team crumble.  We're holding you accountable deal with it.

16 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

Sean Kugler had an interview today and they interviewed assistant OL coach Chris Strausser.

He's got a pretty good resume from the college ranks coaching OL's for 25 years. He should be pretty good at developing talent.

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

In the letter he said we can't fall back on entitlement. And said sorry we had our first losing season in 7 years.

It's like he's building us fans up for a drought that's about to hit dove valley. I don't like that I don't like calling fans entitled because they expect to win.  

How about taking some accountability that you and Elway essentially wasted the best defense the Broncos have ever had. I get it Elway drafted and put together that defense but he let the rest of the team crumble.  We're holding you accountable deal with it.

He didn't say the fans are entitled.  He said the team, the coaches, the players, the organization can't feel entitled.  Said there may have been some sense in the org that because of the history, the Super Bowl, that they "were the Broncos and would win", and that it took a hell of a lot more work than that - and they were committed to going back and putting in that work. This was confirmed in other discussions from the rest of the org.   Thought it was a pretty honest message., and I liked hearing it. 

9 minutes ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

He didn't say the fans are entitled.  He said the team, the coaches, the players, the organization can't feel entitled.  Said there may have been some sense in the org that because of the history, the Super Bowl, that they "were the Broncos and would win", and that it took a hell of a lot more work than that - and they were committed to going back and putting in that work. This was confirmed in other discussions from the rest of the org.   Thought it was a pretty honest message., and I liked hearing it. 

Oh misunderstood the context.

Archived