Jump to content
ChaRisMa

Your College Team's NFL Prospects

Recommended Posts

Wisconsin Badgers

2018 Draft 
Jack Cichy (injured) - If he doesn't get a medical redshirt, he's going to stick on an NFL roster. Kid just knows how to play football.
Troy Fumagalli - One of the best TEs in the country and arguably the best in-line TE. He can block with the best of them and his hands are incredible. He'll find a home in the NFL and thrive.
Chikwe Obasih - Nothing crazy about him but he's one of those reliable, stout in the run game type DL. Best suited for a 3-4.

2019 Draft

Ryan Connelly - Smart and instinctive ILB. Pretty sure he was one of the best run defending ILB in the nation last year after filling in for Chris Orr.
Michael Dieter - Playing LT this year but he's better on the interior, mainly center. If he has a good enough year at LT in 2017, he'll go pro early.
TJ Edwards - Oh look, another Wisconsin LB. Again, he's smart and knows his role. He's a solid athlete (QB in HS) and is a good-to-great coverage LB. I think he can play 4-3 OLB or stick inside in a 3-4.

2020 Draft
Jon Dietzen - Think he's more likely to end up in the 2019 draft but I'm basing this on class. He's a mauler in the run game and I'd liken him to Joshua Garnett in the end.
Chris Orr - The final piece of our excellent ILB core. He's probably the most athletic of them all but he's also the most injury prone. He's a bit small (6'0 223) so that may be what holds him back in the end.
Garrett Rand - He's flashed and hasn't been given a full time role yet but his potential is probably the best on our DL. He's got an NFL body already and is stout in the run game. Can play all three spots on a 3-4 DL.

I'm sure I left someone out but that's what I've got for now.

@ramssuperbowl99 @titans0021

Edited by bkobow05

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stanford 

David Bright, OL,  (Sr, 6-5, 301)

Quenton Meeks, CB, (Jr, 6-2, 195)

Elite cover skills, nickel ability and ability to see the field — his father, Ron, is a former NFL defensive coordinator — make Meeks a candidate for the top half of the first round.

Casey Tucker, OT, (Sr, 6-6, 301)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Wisconsin Badgers

2018 Draft 
Jack Cichy (injured) - If he doesn't get a medical redshirt, he's going to stick on an NFL roster. Kid just knows how to play football.
Troy Fumagalli - One of the best TEs in the country and arguably the best in-line TE. He can block with the best of them and his hands are incredible. He'll find a home in the NFL and thrive.
Chikwe Obasih - Nothing crazy about him but he's one of those reliable, stout in the run game type DL. Best suited for a 3-4.

2019 Draft

Ryan Connelly - Smart and instinctive ILB. Pretty sure he was one of the best run defending ILB in the nation last year after filling in for Chris Orr.
Michael Dieter - Playing LT this year but he's better on the interior, mainly center. If he has a good enough year at LT in 2017, he'll go pro early.
TJ Edwards - Oh look, another Wisconsin LB. Again, he's smart and knows his role. He's a solid athlete (QB in HS) and is a good-to-great coverage LB. I think he can play 4-3 OLB or stick inside in a 3-4.

2020 Draft
Jon Dietzen - Think he's more likely to end up in the 2019 draft but I'm basing this on class. He's a mauler in the run game and I'd liken him to Joshua Garnett in the end.
Chris Orr - The final piece of our excellent ILB core. He's probably the most athletic of them all but he's also the most injury prone. He's a bit small (6'0 223) so that may be what holds him back in the end.
Garrett Rand - He's flashed and hasn't been given a full time role yet but his potential is probably the best on our DL. He's got an NFL body already and is stout in the run game. Can play all three spots on a 3-4 DL.

I'm sure I left someone out but that's what I've got for now.

@ramssuperbowl99 @titans0021

I'd add Nick Nelson and Isaiah Loudermilk to the list and take off Rand. If you need a 3-4 DE, Loudermilk has every tool in the toolbox. Rand can't add the weight to make me think he'll be an NFL player.

(Chryst thinks Nelson leaves this year BTW bk.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've got a few at Montana

OT David Reese - 6'7" 300 lbs. Senior captain with 35 straight starts at LT, great power offensive lineman who technically sound. Late round pick.

 

QB Reese Phillips - Transferred from Kentucky and torched Valpo in the opener. Looked every bit like a FBS player going up against FCS talent. If he plays like that all season I could see a late round selection.

 

In 2020...

WR Jerry Louie-McGee - Electric athlete(former HS state champ in the 400m) who's deadly as a return man, receiver, and runner. 19 year old freshman who led our team in catches and yards last year, took a punt to the house, and caught 21 passes in a single game last year. Opened the year with a 9-159-2 line.

 

Looking forward to see how we do against the Huskies in Washington today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:58 AM, Desperado82 said:

TEXAS LONGHORNS

Malik Jefferson and Connor Williams are the obvious two. Haven't really looked at the rest of the roster, but I'm sure @Texasmade can provide better insight. 

Another Texas guy that could be a decent prospect is Chris Warren III. He has one of the better size/speed combo's in the nation at RB as he is over 250lbs, and has reportedly ran a personal best 4.46 in the 40, and also has posted a 10.67 100m in high school. He kind of reminds me a bit of Brandon Jacobs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2017 at 10:57 PM, sp6488 said:

University of Maryland (only listing draft eligible guys)

Damian Prince, OT/OG, Jr.

Blue chipper who has continuously flashed natural ability.  Great run blocker who was instrumental in one of the best running offenses in the country last season.  6-3 315 frame likely profiles at guard at the next level, but is a definite pro prospect. Prediction: Early 2nd round

Ty Johnson, RB, Jr.

Led the nation in YPC last season, racking up 1,000 yards on only 110 carries.  One-cut speed back, who I could see thriving in a ZBS.  Reminds me a bit of Clinton Portis when he came out Miami.  One of the most underrated prospects in the country IMHO.  Prediction: 2nd -3rd round

Jermaine Carter Jr., ILB, Sr.

Plays the run and the pass very well.  Athleticism and leadership will make him an asset at the next level.  Team captain who has led the squad in tackles each of the last two seasons. Prediction: 3rd - 5th round

JC Jackson, CB, Jr.

Former Florida recruit who went to a Juco before ending up in College Park.  Long athlete (6-1, 193) who led the team in PBU last season.  Projects on the outside at the next level. Prediction: 4th round

There's other guys I like, but these are the ones I think are the most likely candidates, particularly for a team without a draftee this past year (Will Likely will make a team, though, IMO. Pats very smart to have him in camp).

 

 

These guys have all showed out so far this season.

One guy I neglected was DJ Moore.  Built like a RB with great downfield speed.  He has had 8 and 7 catches in the Texas and Towson games, respectively, along with 1 and 2 TDs.  Gets vertical well, playing above his height.  Strong hands and wrecks defenders in the open field.

Prediction: 2nd - 5th round

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2017 at 2:15 AM, TheRealMcCoy said:

QB Sam Darnold: top 5 pick, enough talk about him

RB Ronald Jones: See him as a 2/3 in this draft, really really explosive and runs with violent legs. 

WR Deontay Burnett: very slippery slot, won't blow you away but the kids gone from a 3* to USC's number one WR, he'll stick in the league. (4-7)

LB Uchenna Nwosu: same story as Burnett, hard worker and a pretty good edge guy, he'll get a late round shot. 

LB Cameron Smith: Think he's a 2nd rounder, our best player on defense and one of the more instinctual LB's I've seen. 

DE  Porter Gustin: A little stiff for an edge and doesnt alway set the hardest edge but the athleticism is there just needs to produce sacks (3-5)

DL Rasheem Green: Underrated IMO, very versatile DL, has grown into his body very well. (2-4)

CB Iman Marshall: A BIG CB prospect and I think he can stick there, was very grabby as a 1/2nd year player but has gotten more instinctual, great mentality for a CB (2-4)

Pretty much this list plus..

OL Toa Lobendahn: Has played LT, G, and C for us. Not the biggest guy but put together well and a nasty player. 

OL Nico Falah: Took over the starting C spot last year, has played well and can play G too. 

OL Viane Talamaivo: Starting at G for a few years.

WR Steven Mitchell: Battled mutliple ACL injuries and keeps coming back and making plays, may get a UDFA invite as a slot guy. 

DT Kenny Bigelow: Former top 5 HS player, has had the injury bug but if he can show some of what we thought when we came out he could get a shot, the NFL always needs big guys. 

S Chris Hawkins: Been a long time starter, smart and a leader, late round/UDFA.

Edited by CaliforniaKid7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2017 at 7:34 AM, smokeybandit said:

Penn State

Pretty small senior class this year.

RB - Saquon Barkley (day 1) (nothing changes here)

TE - Mike Gesicki (day 2, slight chance at day 1) (nothing changes here)

S - Marcus Allen (day 2) (still day 2, but has solidified his spot on day 2)

OG/OT - Brendan Mahon (day 3) (has struggled this year, stock down)

LB - Jason Cabinda (day 3) (still a late day 3 kind of pick)

CB - Christian Campbell ( day 3) (has played really well, might move him up earlier on day 3)

WR - DaeSean Hamilton (day 3) (broke Penn State's career receptions record, but I'm not sure he offers much at the next level)

WR - Saeed Blacknall ( day 3/UDFA) (he's had a strange career.  Talented, but hasn't put up much on the stat sheet.  Probably trending to UDFA)

K - Tyler Davis (UDFA, but will be one of the most NFL-ready kickers this year) (he's had an awful season.  Likely not even UDFA at this point)

Revisiting this at the half way point of PSU's season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2017 at 7:34 AM, smokeybandit said:

Penn State

Pretty small senior class this year.

RB - Saquon Barkley (day 1)

TE - Mike Gesicki (day 2, slight chance at day 1)

S - Marcus Allen (day 2)

OG/OT - Brendan Mahon (day 3)

LB - Jason Cabinda (day 3)

CB - Christian Campbell ( day 3)

WR - DaeSean Hamilton (day 3)

WR - Saeed Blacknall ( day 3/UDFA)

K - Tyler Davis (UDFA, but will be one of the most NFL-ready kickers this year)

Revisiting this after the regular season.  My preseason thoughts are generally still the same now.

I'd add CB Grant Haley as a potential day 3 pick.  I'd drop Saeed Blacknall into a solely UDFA pick.  Tyler Davis had a rough senior season, but will probably get some camp workout.

Edited by smokeybandit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tyquan Lewis: Potential 1st round pick, will definitely go Day 2 IMO.

Billy Price: B1G OL of the year. Great center at OSU. I think he'll also be a Round 2-3 guy.

Sam Hubbard: I was somewhat critical of him going into the year. He's more athletic than you think and IMO will be best suited as an OLB in the 3-4 but could potentially fit into the 4-3 as a LB. I don't personally see him as a DE with his hand in the ground. Rounds 2-3 probably but could sneak into the late 1st with a good combine/Pro Day.

Jamarco Jones: Has been injured some. I think that he will go in rounds 2-3 as well.

Jalyn Holmes: Rotational DL who will probably get drafted in Day 3

J.T. Barrett: 6th-UDFA. May stick as a 3rd string guy. He's not a viable NFL QB.

Chris Worley: 6th-UDFA. Solid college LB with average athleticism

Marcus Baugh: Solid athlete and blocker with stone hands. He'll go higher than he should.

Jerome Baker: Had a huge breakout season in 2016 (83 tackles, 9.5 for a loss), but has been VERY disappointing this year, struggling at the point of attack and gets lost in coverage, especially with TE's and FB/H backs. Great sideline to sideline and solid around the edge. He has 1st round athleticism with poor instincts. He's regressed somehow.

Denzel Ward: Typical OSU CB as of late. He's a 1st round lock barring injury.

Damon Webb: Day 3 if drafted as a safety. He's ok at best for an OSU safety

Parris Campbell: People will go crazy over his speed and acceleration, but he's not a natural pass catcher. He's had drops/fumbling issues his entire career. We've been waiting for everything to click for 3 years now, but his best bet in the NFL will be as a kick returner who hopefully develops into the slot receiver/deep threat that he should be/have been here at OSU.

Dante Booker: Injuries. I don't know that he's drafted

Mike Weber: RS sophomore who may/may not come out. He's not a starter but I don't know if his draft stock will ever increase now that JK Dobbins is in the picture. He's a bruiser who does have decent speed for his size in a straight line, but he's not very elusive or quick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2017 at 8:40 PM, RamRod said:

For Virginia Tech

WR Cam Phillips

OG Wyatt Teller

LB Tremaine Edmunds

CB Adonis Alexander

CB Brandon Facyson

 

I assume the juniors aren't leaving (although I could see Adonis pulling a boneheaded move and doing it).

Cam should get drafted, but I don't know how much better or worse he is than Ford and we saw how far he fell.

Wyatt Teller is a bruiser and a beast, but is undisciplined. I think he needs some coaching and could find a roster after a year or two on the PS. 

Facyson has been solid and can play ST. He should find a roster as a 4th CB/STer I think.

I think you're missing Stroman. Very boom or bust player, but can return kicks and punts as well as being a solid CB. See Facyson. 

I'm not sure how people/teams feel about Andrew Motuapuaka. He's been a solid LBer for the team and could find a home in the late rounds. Good instincts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I assume the juniors aren't leaving (although I could see Adonis pulling a boneheaded move and doing it).

Cam should get drafted, but I don't know how much better or worse he is than Ford and we saw how far he fell.

Wyatt Teller is a bruiser and a beast, but is undisciplined. I think he needs some coaching and could find a roster after a year or two on the PS. 

Facyson has been solid and can play ST. He should find a roster as a 4th CB/STer I think.

I think you're missing Stroman. Very boom or bust player, but can return kicks and punts as well as being a solid CB. See Facyson. 

I'm not sure how people/teams feel about Andrew Motuapuaka. He's been a solid LBer for the team and could find a home in the late rounds. Good instincts.

Don't know why I didn't put Stroman. He's been playing well lately. 

Saw where Tim Settle will submit to the draft advisory board but I think he'll stay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Tyquan Lewis: Potential 1st round pick, will definitely go Day 2 IMO.

Billy Price: B1G OL of the year. Great center at OSU. I think he'll also be a Round 2-3 guy.

Sam Hubbard: I was somewhat critical of him going into the year. He's more athletic than you think and IMO will be best suited as an OLB in the 3-4 but could potentially fit into the 4-3 as a LB. I don't personally see him as a DE with his hand in the ground. Rounds 2-3 probably but could sneak into the late 1st with a good combine/Pro Day

Jamarco Jones: Has been injured some. I think that he will go in rounds 2-3 as well.

Jalyn Holmes: Rotational DL who will probably get drafted in Day 3

J.T. Barrett: 6th-UDFA. May stick as a 3rd string guy. He's not a viable NFL QB.

Chris Worley: 6th-UDFA. Solid college LB with average athleticism

Marcus Baugh: Solid athlete and blocker with stone hands. He'll go higher than he should.

Jerome Baker: Had a huge breakout season in 2016 (83 tackles, 9.5 for a loss), but has been VERY disappointing this year, struggling at the point of attack and gets lost in coverage, especially with TE's and FB/H backs. Great sideline to sideline and solid around the edge. He has 1st round athleticism with poor instincts. He's regressed somehow.

Denzel Ward: Typical OSU CB as of late. He's a 1st round lock barring injury.

Damon Webb: Day 3 if drafted as a safety. He's ok at best for an OSU safety

Parris Campbell: People will go crazy over his speed and acceleration, but he's not a natural pass catcher. He's had drops/fumbling issues his entire career. We've been waiting for everything to click for 3 years now, but his best bet in the NFL will be as a kick returner who hopefully develops into the slot receiver/deep threat that he should be/have been here at OSU.

Dante Booker: Injuries. I don't know that he's drafted

Mike Weber: RS sophomore who may/may not come out. He's not a starter but I don't know if his draft stock will ever increase now that JK Dobbins is in the picture. He's a bruiser who does have decent speed for his size in a straight line, but he's not very elusive or quick. 

A few things:

Tyquan Lewis - Better served being someone's value pick and being a pleasant surprise.

Billy Price - Will get drafted high off the strength of Elfien's early success in the league and of course his own merits

Sam Hubbard - This is where we differ, there was a moment in the UM game when he was in space and was 1 on 1 with O'Korn and couldn't make the play and O'Korn got the first down, super disappointing, I guarantee others saw that as well. I don't dispute him being able to play in a 3-4, but I think his lateral movement was exposed. Good pass rusher, put 5-7 lbs on and stick his hand in the dirt, IYAM.

Jamarco Jones - Will be a good value pick for a team that already has an established starter, will probably need a year a two but could easily see him as 6-8 year starter.

Jalyn Holmes - Doesn't have the production as others but he could easily be a Danielle Hunter type of guy who was a physical freak who didn't have a lot of production but has tremendous upside. Combine #s will be really good which will cause him to rise

J.T. Barrett - For some reason I keep thinking about the Patriots

Chris Worley - Special teams guy, who could be a spot starter

Marcus Baugh - His appeal should be as a blocking TE, which he is pretty good at

Jerome Baker - Look at he difference between this year and last year, his eyes were in the right place, he wasn't thinking, he was just playing and was a playmaker. This year he is pressing, eyes are bad and is a step behind, these are a reflection of COACHING, all of our LBs sucked this year and in the two losses we've had, they are a major reason we lost. Both games all they did was run plays that tested the eye discipline and we were getting exploited left and right, notice that they didn't throw much to receivers, all of the action were to the backs and TE's, coincidentally, Baker had his best game last year against Oklahoma against the same coach, same offense and same QB. The talent is there, but my gripe with Bill Davis and his teachings, not Baker.

Dre'Mont Jones - Could declare depending on the grade he receives, has size and physical talent as well a pretty good technique. Another year under Johnson would never hurt though

Denzel Ward - Had he been over 6-0, he would be a slam dunk top 10 pick

Damon Webb - Solid player, physically limited, takes good angles, solid tackler, can be a SS in the league

Parris Campbell - Physically, he may be the most explosive WR in this class, his numbers would be tantalizing for scouts, but he is just plain raw as a WR, reminds me of Cordarrelle Patterson type of guy. You are right though, he could have an immediate return on special teams in the NFL, but I hope he stays and tries to become more rounded as a receiver.

Dante Booker - Has the physical tools, needs another year.

Mike Weber - If he has a couple of big weeks to end the season, I could see him declaring

Tracy Sprinkle - Did a really good job being a dirty work player taking on blocks in the run game, could find a niche in the league being a base 1 tech in the league.

Michael Hill - Has talent, never really fulfilled it at tOSU, was in the doghouse all year, but coincidentally had a really good game against UM

Johnnie Dixon - Has speed and physical talent as well as an extensive injury history, probably a gunner with a chance to develop at the end of someone's roster

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SDSU
RB/KR Rashaad Penny (Sr.) Rd 1-3 
DB Kameron Kelly (Sr.) Rd 3-5 
S Trey Lomax (Sr.) Rd 7-UDFA 
TE David Wells (Sr.) Rd 7-UDFA

*sigh* not much talent as last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×