Is Josh Norman Going to Leave the Redskins?

MKnight82

https://nesn.com/2017/12/josh-norman-hints-at-leaving-redskins-while-sounding-off-on-his-team/

If you read the article Josh Norman talks about how he wants to win a championship.  He also apparently has an opt-out clause in his contract this offseason.  Its possible he decides to leave the Redskins, and we would get nothing for him leaving other than some newly opened cap space, and a huge need at #1 CB.  If Cousins leaves I say there's 100% chance Norman opts out.  Why would we even sign a contract like this with a player option?  This is like an NBA contract. 

55 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

https://nesn.com/2017/12/josh-norman-hints-at-leaving-redskins-while-sounding-off-on-his-team/

If you read the article Josh Norman talks about how he wants to win a championship.  He also apparently has an opt-out clause in his contract this offseason.  Its possible he decides to leave the Redskins, and we would get nothing for him leaving other than some newly opened cap space, and a huge need at #1 CB.  If Cousins leaves I say there's 100% chance Norman opts out.  Why would we even sign a contract like this with a player option?  This is like an NBA contract. 

We get a 2019 Comp pick. That's all

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I’m not so sure.  You usually only get comp picks over UFAs.

Hmm...its murky. I think it doesn't apply if he's cut. If he opts out of his contract, he becomes an UFA. H's free to sign with any team. So I think we get something.

I think the reality is a lot of players were duped by this organization. They interviewed and signed with Scot, not with the intentions of Bruce and Dan running the show. Norman is a passionate guy and wants to win. I could see him opting out and re-signing with Carolina now that Gettleman is gone. Dan isn't going to get it until Bruce runs everyone off. 

He won't leave this coming season, unless Kirk leaves. I don't think he would want to wait for a young QB to come along or watch the team struggle with Colt McCoy. 

Frankly, if he wanted to win a championship, he could have gone somewhere like New England, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Seattle or somewhere where there are perennial playoff visits and taken less money, if that was his "true" goal. 

33 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Let him walk if he wants. $20M AAV can be use to fill many spots for this team. 

Fill them with what? More McClain and McGees? Bruce doesn't like to spend in free agency so the money we save from Norman will be used on a bunch of teams back ups that are forced to start here. 

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

If he’s smart he’d get out and sign for one of this year’s playoff teams in March. I think he stays one more year though.

Yup. If I'm him, I'd hit the eject button and go play for the Pats or another contender. He's already made his $$. The ring is the next step

Archived