Playoffs/Offseason Thread

Zithers2

Depending on how active we are the rest of the way, it is setting up nicely for us to have 2 good comp picks next year.  Unless we go crazy, we will at least either get a 4th round (Star) or 3rd round (Norwell) pick.  Plus it looks like Peppers might not return.

58 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Depending on how active we are the rest of the way, it is setting up nicely for us to have 2 good comp picks next year.  Unless we go crazy, we will at least either get a 4th round (Star) or 3rd round (Norwell) pick.  Plus it looks like Peppers might not return.

What would happen to the comp picks if we were to sign Eric Reid or Vacarro? Does it depend on the contract they sign?

i dunno how it stacks up to other cbs but 8 mill a year seems a bit much for a middling cb. I think I remember seeing him get torched a couple times last year. hopefully it's backloaded and we find a long term replacement in the draft. I do think torrie smith is a solid get fitting the speed/vet we really needed. and with the money being thrown out there to people like albert Wilson and paul Richardson I think the 5 mill for smith is a bargain. but that's just my 2 cents

I like Breeland as our #2 CB. He's a smaller CB but plays big against taller receivers. Not the fastest guy (will have to keep a safety over top of him much like we did was Norman) but he plays smart and has good vision on field

Breeland is a nice pickup. A large improvement over Worley and Seymour at least. Peppers coming back is of course great. Sad but not surprised to see Stew, Star, and Norwell leave. Teddy Williams is also a Giant now.

I expect we will still target a safety (Ron Parker?), guard/center, nose, TE (Luke Willson?), and maybe another WR in free agency. Derek Anderson is a big question mark. If he retires or signs elsewhere, we'll have to draft a QB since there's no way we're going into the season with Garrett Gilbert as Cam's backup...

I figure we'll look at a McCaffrey compliment in the draft in addition to more WR, DB, and DE help. Voth seemed to hint that we aren't looking for a rookie TE to pair with Olsen and that LBs are essentially off the board.

On 3/13/2018 at 5:29 PM, impulser1200 said:

i dunno how it stacks up to other cbs but 8 mill a year seems a bit much for a middling cb. I think I remember seeing him get torched a couple times last year. hopefully it's backloaded and we find a long term replacement in the draft. I do think torrie smith is a solid get fitting the speed/vet we really needed. and with the money being thrown out there to people like albert Wilson and paul Richardson I think the 5 mill for smith is a bargain. but that's just my 2 cents

3.33m cap hit this year. Trumaine Johnson while has much more potential graded out as the 68th best CB and got 15 mil annually. While Breeland graded out as the 54th best corner (both from PFF). 

And as a reference Worley graded out as the 84th best corner. So huge upgrade, they did have to pay for it, but IMO well worth the value.

Cam at QB, Poe at FB, CMC at RB. Mismatch nightmares!!!

We're meeting with Eric Ebron but I would rather go with Luke Willson... Voth says we were talking about a trade for Ebron with Detroit. Blech. Every Lions fan I know hates his guts.

Archived