Chargers acquire QB Cardale Jones from the Bills

4 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Developmental QB, sit behind Rivers. For a 7th I don't think its that bad of a move tbh. 

100% agree with this. This is almost a nothing move just taking a shot on a guy he coached and liked for basically nothing. 

It's hard to say if he every does anything or not he does have some talent even if the sole reason he got drafted was 3 games on a national championship winning team he did look pretty good there and I haven't seen him since so maybe I'm basing him maybe having something on what happened 3 years ago. 

I don't hate this though. He may not even beat out Clemons. 

20 hours ago, MrDrew said:

A conditional 7th is nothing, but I still don't understand the reason. 

Because Clemens is basically the same age as Rivers, Bercovici is JAG (if even that), and Lynn has an affinity for Cardale.  Physically Jones has everything you'd want in a QB (legitimately the arm and build of Steve McNair or Roethlisberger - who, lest we forget, Whis coached in Pittsburgh), but has thus far shown to lack the mental and technical poise.  More than likely, this doesn't work out and hell, he might not even end up making the roster over Clemens - which would likely mean the condition of the trade isn't met and no draft pick transmits - but I look at it this way... if 12-Gauge does stick and doesn't come good, he's the kind of QB that is capable of being so bad that he can actually get a team into that coveted Top 1-2 pick spot to actually draft a top QB prospect.  That's not something that I'd wager the front office is banking on, or that would happen anytime soon (since Rivers is likely to play out his remaining contract minimum), but it's a nice silver lining to have.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
17 hours ago, Boltstrikes said:

Best third stringer QB on our roster since Cleo Lemon.

Oh Cleo Lemon.  I remember turning him into such a star on an older version of Madden... albeit for a team (I forget which) that moved to Los Angeles and rebranded as the Spartans.

Archived