Bears fire John Fox

SteelKing728

7 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I liked John Fox in Chicago a lot.  Disliked Vic Fangio in Chicago.  This firing is bittersweet.  Hoping Fangio goes up to Green Bay. 

You think he'll try for a Head Coaching job before settling for a Defensive Coordinator gig if he's let go?

Did Capers finally get canned?

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

You think he'll try for a Head Coaching job before settling for a Defensive Coordinator gig if he's let go?

Did Capers finally get canned?

Fangio stated 2 years ago that he'd like to be a HC. He was hoping he'd get interviewed for the Eagles HC gig before we gave it to Doug. No idea why the Bears didn't fire Fox like 3 weeks ago and just let Fangio coach the team. Guy deserves a chance to show what he can do as a HC.

24 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Fangio stated 2 years ago that he'd like to be a HC. He was hoping he'd get interviewed for the Eagles HC gig before we gave it to Doug. No idea why the Bears didn't fire Fox like 3 weeks ago and just let Fangio coach the team. Guy deserves a chance to show what he can do as a HC.

Like Fangio said at one time in so many words, if he were an offensive minded coach he would have already had an opportunity.

Times have changed. Teams with a heavily invested young QB are looking more towards offensive-minded coaches to help develop the most important position on the field. For the most part, the only teams that would lean towards hiring a defensive minded HC is either due to the lack of available options at the time or if they already have a good, veteran starting QB in place. 

30 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I don't  believe the Bears have ever fired a coach in-season.

Fox being gone is fantastic news. Never thought he would have been a worse coach than Trestman, but undoubtedly was.

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

I don't  believe the Bears have ever fired a coach in-season.

Fox being gone is fantastic news. Never thought he would have been a worse coach than Trestman, but undoubtedly was.

Yeah, at least Trestman gave you one year of exciting offense. The Bears have been downright boring (in addition to bad) under Fox. Hopefully Bisky ends up top 10 so at the very least you got a QB out of this tenure.

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Yeah, at least Trestman gave you one year of exciting offense. The Bears have been downright boring (in addition to bad) under Fox. Hopefully Bisky ends up top 10 so at the very least you got a QB out of this tenure.

If there is one thing about Fox, he has helped each franchise get their QB (Newton, Peyton, and Trubisky). lol

26 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

If there is one thing about Fox, he has helped each franchise get their QB (Newton, Peyton, and Trubisky). lol

I hope I'm wrong but I fully expect McCaskey's ever controlling ego to get in the way of Trubisky's development by handcuffing Pace's choice on who to hire for the sole reason of saving a dollar. You can practically rule out every HC that is set to make over the league average as a candidate.

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I hope I'm wrong but I fully expect McCaskey's ever controlling ego to get in the way of Trubisky's development by handcuffing Pace's choice on who to hire for the sole reason of saving a dollar. You can practically rule out every HC that is set to make over the league average as a candidate.

It sounds as if they realize they have no clue what they are doing and letting Pace get him, hence why they had to hire Accorsi to find Pace and hired Fox (who was NOT Pace's choice). Phillips has said Pace will get to pick his own coach.

I'm sure they will be involved by sitting in interviews or asking questions, but ultimately it is Pace's choice (allegedly).

Screenshot_20171224_115841.png

6 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

It sounds as if they realize they have no clue what they are doing and letting Pace get him, hence why they had to hire Accorsi to find Pace and hired Fox (who was NOT Pace's choice). Phillips has said Pace will get to pick his own coach.

I'm sure they will be involved by sitting in interviews or asking questions, but ultimately it is Pace's choice (allegedly).

I've lost all confidence in the FO anymore so I hope it's not just more lip service.

2 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

That is simply untrue.  George Halas was cheap and not willing to spend (there is a famous Ditka quote: "Halas throws pennies around like manhole covers"), but the McCaskeys and Ted Phillips spend whenever they need to.  The problem is they don't often spend it in the right ways. 

7 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

That is simply untrue.  George Halas was cheap and not willing to spend (there is a famous Ditka quote: "Halas throws pennies around like manhole covers"), but the McCaskeys and Ted Phillips spend whenever they need to.  The problem is they don't often spend it in the right ways. 

When it comes to the players, sure. But not the HC position. Any coach that demands over the average gets shot down immediately. They fire Lovie after a 10 win season, who iirc, coincidentally only had 1 year left on his extended contract. Could've had Quinn or Gase but that extra quarter mil(equally the median average in 2015) would've broke the bank so they let them walk and instead hire a guy they knew wasn't looking for a big payout after the money that he had already made by coaching two superbowl teams. And among all of this...they still had the nerve to give Turner of ALL coaches an extension, TWICE (sort of)? I could go back even further such as 'stedt days but I'm sure you get point. 

The McCaskey's do not give two ****s about the team anymore. They care only about taking advantage of teh location market and filling their own pockets. I still get sick when I think about a game that Virginia had supposedly attended(possibly a PO game) and her spokesperson (or maybe one of her son's-don't remember) said "oh....Virginia is very pissed" or something along those lines. Are you effin kidding me? Who are you trying to fool here lady - you probably didn't even know who the QB was. It was a disgrace and only further showed exactly where their priorities really are.

Crap liek this has been going on for decades man and until I see it, I won't believe that it will ever change.  

Archived