Bears fire John Fox

SteelKing728

Just now, SteelKing728 said:

Mostly because I prefer to have a new GM and HC package, except in certain cases.

What do you think of him as a GM?

I agree with the new GM and HC thing  but I don't think Fox was Pace's real choice to begin with so I'd like to see the brass give him free reigns on who to bring in, without any restrictions, so that we can actually see that happen. That essentially would be a new GM and new HC.

Overall I think Pace has done pretty well for being as inexperienced as he is. Earlier this year I was starting to looking at him a bit differently for not firing Fox after last season and then deciding to keep him even after the Packers game where his own challenge potentially lost the game. But I'm not sure if that was his choice or not so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on that one.

It's still too early to really get a feel for him but so far I do have alot more confidence in him than I've had in every other GM in the last 15 years or so. Trubisky's development is ultimately going to decide his fate in the end though.

On 1/1/2018 at 2:08 PM, TankWilliams said:

That is simply untrue.  George Halas was cheap and not willing to spend (there is a famous Ditka quote: "Halas throws pennies around like manhole covers"), but the McCaskeys and Ted Phillips spend whenever they need to.  The problem is they don't often spend it in the right ways. 

I love Ditka so much.  He is one of a kind.  Another great line Ditka had was on the set of one of the pregame shows when Michael Irvin came in wearing a horribly gawdy plaid suit.  Ditka said "That's a great suit, Michael.  Back in about 1972 I had a couch that was upholstered in the exact same fabric!"  xD 

On 1/2/2018 at 6:17 PM, SteelKing728 said:

Mostly because I prefer to have a new GM and HC package, except in certain cases.

What do you think of him as a GM?

I think he has redone the roster and done a great job. We had a horrible team when he came in, old and they gave up as there was no leadership without Urlacher and Tillman. His drafts have delivered a group of very talented young guys and he has made some solid FA findings. I personally think Glennon was him hiding his true intentions to draft a QB, and I am more than willing to throw a year of salary away to get the QB of the future.

Pace didn't want Fox from accounts, Fox was there to help correct the locker room and they have put together a hell of a defense considering it was the franchises' worst in history before Pace was hired. Between that and putting us in a great position cap wise, I think he has done a great job. Now it is set up to have a potential top 10 defense for a new HC and enough pieces to mold the offense how the new coach wants.

Archived