Ravens Defensive Coordinator Dean Pees retires

SteelKing728

I think everyone saw last night how Pees is nowhere near the defensive mastermind some media pundits think he is. Also, that is exactly the Dean Pees defense that lost so many games on a final drive, where offenses just walks down 90 yards for a touchdown. They posted everything they had into the defense before this season, and we got the same **** we always get. Lack of pressure, questionable playcalling and an extraordinary ability to blow leads on the final drive. Happened against Pittsburgh and the Bengals in the exact way as most of us predicted.

56 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Chuck Pagano returns. But Teryl Austin and Vic Fangio are also both great options. Rex Ryan is also an option.

I highly doubt Rex goes back to Baltimore. Reportedly there was bad blood when he left, he was mad that Harbaugh got the gig over him. It seems unlikely to me he'd want to serve under Harbaugh, now.

34 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I highly doubt Rex goes back to Baltimore. Reportedly there was bad blood when he left, he was mad that Harbaugh got the gig over him. I highly doubt he'd want to serve under Harbaugh, now.

Interesting. I didn't know that Rex was bitter about that.

4 hours ago, Carmen Cygni said:

I gander Ravens fans are pissed for a players' ME/MA, but Dan Pees is an excellent defensive mind and a great DC. A shame he is retiring, Dolphins desperately need a competent and creative DC.

In what world? Have you not watched him sacrifice my Ravens since 2013? (Can't count 2012 because he was just there. The real coaches were on the field. Reed and Lewis)

Ravens went super deep on defense the last couple years and we STILL can't make a got damn 4 quarter stand. Can't get pressure. He allows Brandon Carr to be murdered by Antonio Brown. Even if you couldn't stop him, at least attempt to slow him down. What does he do? Allow Carr to continue to be son'd on national TV. Great Defensive fraud all the way around. 

"I never liked him. For all I know he had my Ravens setup and ruined their playoff and SuperBowl dreams on purpose since 2012." - Tony Montana on Dean Pees

Archived