Who Should I Keep?: Post Your Keeper Questions here.

EaglesPeteC

This is my first year doing a keeper league, and i figured other people are debating who to keep in the offseason.

So I made the thread. Give advice to get advice.

Here is my team. I get to keep 3 without impact on any draft status.

QB- Roethlisberger/Keenum/Wentz

RB- Kamara/L.Murray/D.Murray/Jamaal Williams

WR- Jordy Nelson/Funchess/Kelvin Benjamin/Ju-Ju/Sanu

TE- Kelce

I am thinking:

Kamara and Wentz for sure

I orginally pencilled in Kelce but i am intrigued about keeping Ju-Ju.

Thoughts?

Kamara and Kelce are my locks.

I'd hold off on Wentz/JuJu as late as you can pending health news. I discounted JuJu because AB will be back and get his usual 100 balls for ~1500yds and ~10 TDs, JuJu will be the #2 target. I discounted Wentz because of his injury recovery timeframe (well into next year even if he does suit up week 1) and my penchant to discount QBs.

A surprising #3 that I'd put on your radar is Funchess. He turned the year 3 WR corner to put up 800+ and 8 TDs and he'll spend all of next year not fighting Kelvin Benjamin for targets. Just something to think about.

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:05 AM, EaglesPeteC said:

This is my first year doing a keeper league, and i figured other people are debating who to keep in the offseason.

So I made the thread. Give advice to get advice.

Here is my team. I get to keep 3 without impact on any draft status.

QB- Roethlisberger/Keenum/Wentz

RB- Kamara/L.Murray/D.Murray/Jamaal Williams

WR- Jordy Nelson/Funchess/Kelvin Benjamin/Ju-Ju/Sanu

TE- Kelce

I am thinking:

Kamara and Wentz for sure

I orginally pencilled in Kelce but i am intrigued about keeping Ju-Ju.

Thoughts?

With no impact on draft status, I say you keep Wentz, Kamara, and Kelce. I know Ju-Ju is tempting, but you should be able to get him or a player of his caliber in the first round to be your WR1. Not sure what other rosters in your league look like, but having 3 keepers will certainly put some good players back into the draft pool.

7 minutes ago, SimsZilla said:

so what's everyones opinion on chris carson? i have him in my dynasty league and im not sure what to do with him, i want to keep him but at the same time, meh

He’s likely their starter at this moment (essentially by default). He looked solid, but not spectacular last year. He doesn’t offer much through the air, which hurts. I think that the Seahawks will draft another RB this year, so we’ll see what happens. The Seahawks OL was awful this year...so my expectations are pretty low even if he goes interested the season as their #1. I would probably have him as a RB4-5 even if he opens as their #1.

but the truth is that there are many RB4’s kept in 12 team dynasty leagues. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/2/2018 at 9:25 AM, Hockey5djh said:

Kamara and Kelce are my locks.

I'd hold off on Wentz/JuJu as late as you can pending health news. I discounted JuJu because AB will be back and get his usual 100 balls for ~1500yds and ~10 TDs, JuJu will be the #2 target. I discounted Wentz because of his injury recovery timeframe (well into next year even if he does suit up week 1) and my penchant to discount QBs.

A surprising #3 that I'd put on your radar is Funchess. He turned the year 3 WR corner to put up 800+ and 8 TDs and he'll spend all of next year not fighting Kelvin Benjamin for targets. Just something to think about.

I was actually going to say the same thing - Kamara and Kelce are actually the easy ones for me here. But I also heavily discount quarterbacks and seldom, if ever, keep them, so Wentz isn't a lock for me. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2 QB .5 ppr and 4 point passing TD.  2 player keeper that you give up 1 round earlier than the previous year and 9th round is the latest.  I have to pick between:

Jimmy G: 9th or 8th

Goff: 9th or 8th

Watson: 9th or 8th

Zeke: 1st

15 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Two QB, you keep two of either Jimmy G, Goff, or Watson, I'd lean towards Jimmy G and Goff personally. How many teams are in your league, @drfrey13

10 team league.  Spent a 16th on Jimmy G, stashed Goff off waivers after a few weeks and grabbed Watson at the end of the year off waivers as a long shot to recover quickly.  Unfortunately I have not discussed off-season trades with the league and would not want to start out of the blue since I am in a great position.  It is a great problem to have.

23 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Two QB, you keep two of either Jimmy G, Goff, or Watson, I'd lean towards Jimmy G and Goff personally. How many teams are in your league, @drfrey13

I think Watson is a no-brainer. Coupling him with a more durable QB is a good idea. I have Goff and Jimmy G pretty similar, but I like Jimmy G’s upside more. 

• 1 month later...

14-team, 1/2-pt PPR league 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex

It's auction format where keeping any player past the 1st year adds $5 to the original auction/FAAB price paid.  Last season's keepers were David Johnson (at $10 - would be $15 this year) and Michael Thomas ($1 will be $6 this year).  Thing is, I also rolled the dice on a lower price on Zeke during the auction last year due to the looming threat of his suspension and got him at half AAV ($35 which would be what it would cost to keep him this year).

Kamara and Hunt are definitely going to be keepers because they were picked up inexpensively by their owner (unless he decides he absolutely has to hold onto Nuk Hopkins for a 4th year).

So the question is, do I push all-in and roll with a Zeke/DJ combo at RB (where I'd be relinquishing Zeke the following year, but having that as my regular tandem would give a lot of flexibility to take stabs at cheap guys who could breakout and turn into multi-year keeper candidates) or do I just maintain status quo with DJ and the cheap WR1 even though for fantasy purposes he's inconsistent as a PPR WR1 (he either has huge week or 3 point weeks).

To the converse, Top 5 fantasy RB's traditionally tend to pop up on Top 10 offenses in the league and neither the Cowboys or the Cardinals figure to be that (though DJ and Zeke are 3-down backs so the 1/2 pt PPR format should salvage that consistency).

Pro's?  Con's?  What to people think?

Archived