Wild Card Weekend - Bye Week

Deadpulse

Bye week!  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What will you be doing this weekend?

• Watching every Wildcard game
    • Watching just the AFC wildcard games
    • Starting the new year in the gym
    • Flying somewhere with a positive temperature
  2. 2. Who would you like to face in the Divisional Round?

• Buffalo Bills
    • Tennessee Titans
    • Kansas City Chiefs
  3. 3. Which NFC Team are you rooting for this weekend?

• Atlanta Falcons (feel bad)
    • Carolina Panthers
    • New Orleans Saints
    • LA Rams (poor St. Louis)

Would have been nice to face a Tyrod-less Bills, but I think there's a real chance Jags can knock off Steelers.

Against the Titans, we just need to contain Mariota above all else. Mobile QBs turning broken plays into big chunk of yards has routinely killed us. 

The mobile QB concern is the same with every QB not named Tom Brady in the AFC playoff picture. If thats the criteria for picking the best case scenario, then its a wash. Overall, Tennessee is the best match up for us and it offers the bonus of hurting the Steelers potentially. 

Not worried about the Titans because they don't have a pass rush that can threaten Brady and their corners are mediocre, not to mention it's a LeBeau defense, and we know Brady's history against those.

Mariota getting outside of the pocket is a concern but he's a guy who can be confused by combination coverages.

32 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

The mobile QB concern is the same with every QB not named Tom Brady in the AFC playoff picture. If thats the criteria for picking the best case scenario, then its a wash. Overall, Tennessee is the best match up for us and it offers the bonus of hurting the Steelers potentially. 

Wouldn't really call Ben mobile anymore. Has the turning speed of a Nimitz class carrier haha. 

2 hours ago, islandkid12 said:

I'm just wondering how difficult it is to beat a team 3 times in a season....

Historically, the team up 2-0 has swept the other team more often than the down, 0-2 team coming back and winning the third. 

I was pulling for Jacksonville, as I think they have a better chance of taking out Pitt than Tennessee does. 

I’m not upset with the results this weekend.

6 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

I'm torn on who to root for in the Jags-Steelers game.

On the one hand, the Jacksonville D scares the crap out of me, and we generally do well against the Steelers.

On the other the Steelers offense is a massive threat, and...you know...Blake Bortles.

I always root against the Steelers. Always.

Even if I hated the Patriots, the Steelers would be my least favorite team.

12 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

I'm torn on who to root for in the Jags-Steelers game.

On the one hand, the Jacksonville D scares the crap out of me, and we generally do well against the Steelers.

On the other the Steelers offense is a massive threat, and...you know...Blake Bortles.

Watching Bortles play today...I'm absolutely rooting for Jacksonville.

Archived