Patriots OC McDaniels, DC Patricia requested to be interviewed

Acgott

20 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Was going to say, I doubt McD would go and/or be successful there. You've seen our offensive philosophy - it's pretty systematic, doesn't rely on one player, everyone has to contribute, spread the ball, motion like crazy to get mismatches, and you've seen how he chews even Brady out. I'm not sure if NYG O is anything like that, because you have an elite talent who commands most of the action, and he SHOULD get the ball a lot. With that offensive line, as well, he'd employ a quick passing/short yardage game plan like our superbowl run in 2014/15. Would OBJ be happy with this? Would there be friction? I think there would, they're both volatile. 

Now Patricia, on the other hand, would love working with that D. He's turned our talentless defense into a top 10 unit. Would be cool to see what he'd do with your DL and Collins etc. But hands off!! I don't want to lose him. lol.

I don't think McDaniels would turn down the job because he'd have to incorporate Beckham too much in the offense. Pretty sure every team in the league would love to have Beckham as a weapon for their offense.

In fact the Giants have some great young talent, which I am sure would very much entice a great offensive mind like McDaniels. Beckham, Shepard, and Evans are a great young core of receivers. They just don't have a quarterback that can get them the ball accurately enough.

1 hour ago, Acgott said:

Yeah, wow, I saw this, took me a little by surprise. Thought the prevailing notion was that Patricia was going to take the Detroit job, and of course Wilks was the sexy favorite for the Giants, for a while; initially there were rumors about Jim Schwartz, and that Shurmur has been in the news.....

I'd be fine with Patricia- the Woman's Name, the Rocket Scientist thing- oh, and he's supposed to be a brilliant young coach, mustn't forget that part!

Peter King of TheMMQB.com reports that the Lions like Patricia, but that Patricia “favors” the Giants job. Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News reports that “all signs” point to Patricia, who also interviewed with the Cardinals, being the Giants’ choice as well.

On 1/5/2018 at 5:24 AM, Go_Giants said:

Sounds like no one is bothered that the Patriots are notorious cheaters and that either coach would bring their cheating ways here.

Just means they hate losing so much, they win by any means necessary. Our teams need that attitude, hopefully without executing cheating. 

EDIT: You know how the old saying goes, "If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying to win hard enough." 

But in all honesty I could care less. Hopefully he's going to bring in a much needed culture change. 

Another question, does that mean we should start penciling in prospects/FA who fit into a Hybrid Defense more as targets for us? Cause I would love to add Alex Okafor this offseason if he gets out of New Orleans. 

2 hours ago, w4rrior723 said:

On a side note, has anyone heard Patricia speak? I was curious what kind of presence our potential Head Coach has, so I went to YouTube to listen to some interviews... Let's just say I was completely surprised by his voice ???

TFW he talks exactly like I imagine a rocket scientist would sound like. You know, one who didn't chose to coach football, and who doesn't look like he eats opponents dreams for every meal. 

4 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

TFW he talks exactly like I imagine a rocket scientist would sound like. You know, one who didn't chose to coach football, and who doesn't look like he eats opponents dreams for every meal. 

Lmao exactly! It's not just the beard, either... In every photo he has a furrowed brow and brooding stare. The voice just doesn't match up ?

Just now, w4rrior723 said:

Lmao exactly! It's not just the beard, either... In every photo he has a furrowed brow and brooding stare. The voice just doesn't match up ?

I am at work, looked an interview up on my computer and my boss walks by to see me just as MP answers questions and sees the most shocked face he has ever seen 

Archived