Bruce Arians to Retire..

El Ramster

4 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

If Todd Haley gets a HC gig, I wonder if ole Bruce would consider a return to the Steelers as an OC (if offered).  Big Ben may or may not be back but that would be an interesting turn.

I think we go in house to replace haley.. don't think arians would want to come back here

Interesting situation in Arizona.  Head coach leaves the oldest roster(by average age of players) in the league.  Fitzgerald and Palmer's futures still unclear as far as I know.  Rebuild process in the near future?  

I may be a Niners fan, but I live in Phoenix.  So, I'll be watching this pretty closely.

13 minutes ago, Ataal said:

Interesting situation in Arizona.  Head coach leaves the oldest roster(by average age of players) in the league.  Fitzgerald and Palmer's futures still unclear as far as I know.  Rebuild process in the near future?

Absolutely - you'll have some pieces with the return of David Johnson, a secondary with Patrick Peterson, Tyrann Mathieu and Budda Baker, but this is an all out rebuild right now. I think their cap is in solid position, no real dead weight to account for.

Pretty attractive for someone in that sense, can build up the team how'd you want.

The Cards have talent on defense and are not bad on offense. They just need a QB. But who can they get? The draft isn't going to work this year unless they can trade up or find a guy late in round 1.

Rough spot to be in and sucks that they are losing such a good coach. Their future will be interesting.

So Pat Shurmur has been requested to interview for the HC job. Could bring along Sam Bradford/Teddy Bridgewater/Case Keenum to replace Palmer in FA as all three are going to be Free Agents and the Vikings can't tag them all.

Would any of those QB's be enough to entice Larry back for one more year though?

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Absolutely - you'll have some pieces with the return of David Johnson, a secondary with Patrick Peterson, Tyrann Mathieu and Budda Baker, but this is an all out rebuild right now. I think their cap is in solid position, no real dead weight to account for.

Pretty attractive for someone in that sense, can build up the team how'd you want.

Looks like they have about 100 million less than what the Niners have to work with, but if Palmer and Fitzgerald leave, that may free up quite a bit.  It will be interesting to see which moves they make this offseason, for sure.   

Archived