Bruce Arians to Retire..

El Ramster

3 hours ago, armsteeld said:

If Todd Haley gets a HC gig, I wonder if ole Bruce would consider a return to the Steelers as an OC (if offered).  Big Ben may or may not be back but that would be an interesting turn.

don't think Arians would want a heavy load, maybe a Tom Moore role as an adviser/just a guy to talk things over with. 

3 hours ago, August4th said:

I think we go in house to replace haley.. don't think arians would want to come back here

Arians was more or less fired here and I dont think he was happy about it.    Even though he has a good relationship with Ben, he isnt going to come back for the year or two Ben MIGHT have left.

Randy Fichtner might be promoted.    He has been a good assistant coach over the years.

57 minutes ago, Ataal said:

Looks like they have about 100 million less than what the Niners have to work with, but if Palmer and Fitzgerald leave, that may free up quite a bit.  It will be interesting to see which moves they make this offseason, for sure.   

Fitz wants to keep climbing the charts.  Given his recent production I don't see why he couldn't get to #2 in yards and receptions next year.  If they hire Haley Fitz will come back regardless of the QB situation.

Palmer is more of a Cardinals' decision.

34 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Arians was more or less fired here and I dont think he was happy about it.    Even though he has a good relationship with Ben, he isnt going to come back for the year or two Ben MIGHT have left.

Randy Fichtner might be promoted.    He has been a good assistant coach over the years.

Arians and his wife seemed bitter about the way things ended here in a TV special on his life I watched last yr ..I think he goes away for a few years to recharge and shows up as OC somewhere else..  I think ben and the steelers like what haley brought to this team, so I think they will promote Randy, who should be familiar with the system. the offense could be better off since ben will personally like the oc lol

33 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Fitz wants to keep climbing the charts.  Given his recent production I don't see why he couldn't get to #2 in yards and receptions next year.  If they hire Haley Fitz will come back regardless of the QB situation.

Palmer is more of a Cardinals' decision.

I remember reading a while back that Palmer had listed his home for sale and some of his family moved out of state, but no one ever confirmed any of it with Palmer if I remember correctly.  Kind of tough to find stuff through Google right now with all the Bruce news going on.  

Regardless, do you think Palmer has another year left in him?  

"No risk it, no biscuit".

A shame to watch such a great offensive mind go, but it's time for him to do so, and he was pretty much retired before being offered the Cardinals head coaching position. No way can I see Arians returning for a coordinator job. His dreams were always to be a HC and now that he accomplished that I believe his coaching career is finished. He had a great career and helped coach up some of the most successful QB's in the game.

Go ahead and cut the mentions of Arians as an OC anywhere. The dude wants to enjoy retirement, especially with his deteriorating health. That being said, this was a good time for Bruce to retire for us as well. I think his style was starting to prove stale and feel as though we need to move in a different direction, especially on the offensive side of the ball. 

I like Todd Haley a lot and think a lot of his criticism in Pittsburgh is unwarranted and thought he was great in his time with us here. When he left Whiz kinda went haywire. That being said, I don't want him as our head coach because I don't think his personality is a fit. 

I'm always pretty hesitant with retread names, Shurmur has done well in Minnesota, and has made a lot of bad QB look pretty good in his career (Keenum and Foles). While of course he didn't work out in Cleveland, I think we're handing out passes regarding people who have coached in Cleveland in the past 10 years. So he'd be at the top of my list personally right now.

I would really like it if we some of our defensive staff in tact. James Bettcher our DC may very well get a look at this position as well. They have just performed way too well for him not to at least get an interview. Munchak isn't a name I love. I see us liking Matt Patricia, which I would personally like. But we will see, I'm intrigued to see how Keim and Bidwill handle this cycle

Archived