Bills @ Jags: PLAYOFFFFFFFFSSSSSS

bigbadbuff23835

1 minute ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I saw the Jags are selling more tickets today at 3, do you have any idea where the seats will be and how much?

Sounds like it's mostly the standing room endzone seats. I heard they were cheaper than the previous tickets sold.

1 minute ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Damn. I was thinking about buying a pair of tickets and flipping them on stub hub, think it’s worth it?

Idk, they're still like really expensive. Honestly way too much effort for me personally.

4 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I saw the Jags are selling more tickets today at 3, do you have any idea where the seats will be and how much?

Not sure where they'll be, but it's from unused tickets for Bills players/families and the NFL. All I know.

2 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Maybe not 40% but there are going to be a ton of Bills fans at the game. We had at least a 1/3 of the stadium against the Dolphins last week and there is a pretty large number of Bills fans that live in FL. 

Difference between a game in Miami during the regular season and a home playoff game in a city with a fanbase that hasnt seen the playoffs in 10 years themselves and sold out the game within minutes of going on sale.

Away fanbases generally always show up, and with the Bills not being in the playoffs I'm sure there will be even more. But this game was sold out well before you guys figured out you were in the playoffs so I really don't think it's going to be the number you think.

8 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

This tweet from the official Bills twitter is savage:

Those tickets are unused by the Bills and their players. Considering the team sold out the game within minutes and took tarps off to increase seating capacity AND added standing room tickets for the need for more room, I don't know why they'd lie about that.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Not sure where they'll be, but it's from unused tickets for Bills players/families and the NFL. All I know.

Difference between a game in Miami during the regular season and a home playoff game in a city with a fanbase that hasnt seen the playoffs in 10 years themselves and sold out the game within minutes of going on sale.

Away fanbases generally always show up, and with the Bills not being in the playoffs I'm sure there will be even more. But this game was sold out well before you guys figured out you were in the playoffs so I really don't think it's going to be the number you think.

Could be. Maybe it will be a larger crowd in the city than in the stadium itself. The amount of tickets sold to Bills fans is definitely getting some talk online though.

As for the bolded part the official Bills twitter denied that they returned tickets and it definitely references the Bills separate from players families. Honestly it doesn't matter one way or the other. I'm excited for both fan bases to be in the post season and hope for some good natured interaction between the two. 

Titans fan here and as someone who knows what it's like to have a long playoff drought I can only imagine how you guys feel. Congratulations on making it!

I'd say we're both in similar situations being that no one is giving us a chance (Vegas/national media), so I hope atleast one of us can pull off the upset (would make it even sweeter since you guys play Jax). Good luck this weekend fellas and enjoy it!

21 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Those tickets are unused by the Bills and their players. Considering the team sold out the game within minutes and took tarps off to increase seating capacity AND added standing room tickets for the need for more room, I don't know why they'd lie about that.

Yeah apparently as soon as the Bills clinched ticket prices on stub hub dramatically rose. I looked into buying tickets but ticket prices rose from about 100-200 to 300-450 dollars. It was crazy. It has decreased now as we get closer but the Bills fans buying tickets caused the prices to sky rocket. Cheapest I saw earlier was 310 for standing room only... Bills fans were buying tickets at over 200% value.

Everything I'm hearing is between the amount of tickets sold to NY and the amount of people from NY living in Florida that the crowd is supposed to be about 60-40... Even heard 50-50 but I think the first is more accurate.

7 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Yeah apparently as soon as the Bills clinched ticket prices on stub hub dramatically rose. I looked into buying tickets but ticket prices rose from about 100-200 to 300-450 dollars. It was crazy. It has decreased now as we get closer but the Bills fans buying tickets caused the prices to sky rocket. Cheapest I saw earlier was 310 for standing room only... Bills fans were buying tickets at over 200% value.

Everything I'm hearing is between the amount of tickets sold to NY and the amount of people from NY living in Florida that the crowd is supposed to be about 60-40... Even heard 50-50 but I think the first is more accurate.

They've been ridiculously expensive from the get go. Season ticket holders we're able to buy up to 9 tickets before they were available to the general public each and some put them on re-sale and doubled/tripled the price.

There's no way there's as many fans as your suggesting man. You aren't giving nearly enough credit to our fanbase if you think a home game of ours in our first playoff game in 10 years is going to be 50/50 or 60/40. 

9 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

They've been ridiculously expensive from the get go. Season ticket holders we're able to buy up to 9 tickets before they were available to the general public each and some put them on re-sale and doubled/tripled the price.

There's no way there's as many fans as your suggesting man. You aren't giving nearly enough credit to our fanbase if you think a home game of ours in our first playoff game in 10 years is going to be 50/50 or 60/40. 

That's not me thinking. That's what I've been hearing based off ticket sales. I didn't come up with those numbers. It's why I gave it the benefit of the doubt and said 60-40.

And they weren't that expensive from the start. 20 to 30 minutes after that game I knew some people who bought tickets on stub hub for 170 dollars in section 400 and another for 200 dollars in section 300. I checked the next day and standing room was 300 dollars and section 400 was 400 dollars. Prices soared after the Bills clinched. Even people on a Jags forum said after all we have been through its good to see Jaguar season ticket holders cashing out and getting something in return cause how high Bills fans were buying the tickets for.

And I can't give Jacksonville fans much credit I mean they put tarps of seats and put in a pool cause of lack of people buying tickets. Not exactly the most football town.

5 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

That's not me thinking. That's what I've been hearing based off ticket sales. I didn't come up with those numbers. It's why I gave it the benefit of the doubt and said 60-40.

And they weren't that expensive from the start. 20 to 30 minutes after that game I knew some people who bought tickets on stub hub for 170 dollars in section 400 and another for 200 dollars in section 300. I checked the next day and standing room was 300 dollars and section 400 was 400 dollars. Prices soared after the Bills clinched. Even people on a Jags forum said after all we have been through its good to see Jaguar season ticket holders cashing out and getting something in return cause how high Bills fans were buying the tickets for.

And I can't give Jacksonville fans much credit I mean they put tarps of seats and put in a pool cause of lack of people buying tickets. Not exactly the most football town.

The max capacity of Everbank is 82,000, which would be top 3-5 in seating capacity. With the tarps, we're still around the 18th or 19th largest stadium in one of the smallest markets in the NFL. We sold out 96 percent of our stadium this year. Buffalo (who does have a larger stadium when we have tarps) sold out only 91 percent which was one of the lowerish ones in the NFL.

Jacksonville has a much more loyal fanbase than you think likely due to national media and that whole London BS.

Multiple people on Twitter said they sold tickets of there's in the 400's for $300 on Saturday. I'm sure they upped ticket prices, but it's not as drastic as you're saying I don't think. Wouldn't shock me if they did just to bleed Bills fans that wanted to come lol.

8 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

Come on man, let's keep it civil. We don't need to insult other fan bases. It doesn't really matter what the ratio in the stadium, there is going to be a ton of Bills fans in the city and they seem to have brought the cold weather with them.

The lead up to this game has been weirdly chippy from both sides. Both teams have gotten to the playoffs after a long time, I don't get the animosity. 

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

The max capacity of Everbank is 82,000, which would be top 3-5 in seating capacity. With the tarps, we're still around the 18th or 19th largest stadium in one of the smallest markets in the NFL. We sold out 96 percent of our stadium this year. Buffalo (who does have a larger stadium when we have tarps) sold out only 91 percent which was one of the lowerish ones in the NFL.

Jacksonville has a much more loyal fanbase than you think likely due to national media and that whole London BS.

Multiple people on Twitter said they sold tickets of there's in the 400's for $300 on Saturday. I'm sure they upped ticket prices, but it's not as drastic as you're saying I don't think. Wouldn't shock me if they did just to bleed Bills fans that wanted to come lol.

Come on bro let me ask you a question... If you were a fan of a team that hadn't made the playoffs in 17 years and after supposedly tanking by trading all your good players... Would you go sit in this to watch a football game?

usa_today_10472378.jpg

That game right there is a big reason for that number being low... Even with that 1 game we were still 17th in attendance. Like to see where we stood up if we took away that one game.

28 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Come on man, let's keep it civil. We don't need to insult other fan bases. It doesn't really matter what the ratio in the stadium, there is going to be a ton of Bills fans in the city and they seem to have brought the cold weather with them.

The lead up to this game has been weirdly chippy from both sides. Both teams have gotten to the playoffs after a long time, I don't get the animosity. 

Not insulting rather than just calling it as it is... Jacksonville fan base just isn't up to par with ours. It's not a bad thing but our fan base is top 5 in the NFL. So there are 27 fan bases that aren't up to par with ours... It's not a bad thing. The only fans that could compete are the Eagles, Chiefs, Raiders (until they move which Seahawks would move into top 5), and Packers.

It's like saying that Tom Brady is better than Tyrod Taylor... It's not an insult it's just hard for anyone to compete with. It's just a matter of fact.

After everything we have been through we deserve to have something and the loyalty of our fan base is just that. Something that we have over everyone else.

Archived