The 2018 playoffs but with QB swaps

Apparition

This is one of those dumb hypotheticals threads that I usually hate.

How would the playoffs shake out IF each team had to swap QBs with its opposite numbered seed in the conference?

in other words...

Tom Brady goes to Buffalo, Tyrod Taylor goes to New England

Roethlisberger goes to Tennessee, Mariota to Pittsburgh

Bortles to KC, Alex Smith to the Jags

on the NFC side:

Foles to the Falcons, Ryan to the Eagles

Case to the Panthers, Cam to the Vikings

Goff to the Saints, Brees to the Rams

Goff to Saints, Brees to Rams wouldn't change much, I don't think. Both have elite weapons in the backfield to lean on.

Alex Smith to Jags would be really good for JAX. An actual game manager who won't throw many picks.

We'd suck with Tyrod. We need Brady.

12 minutes ago, Starless said:

This is one of those dumb hypotheticals threads that I usually hate.

How would the playoffs shake out IF each team had to swap QBs with its opposite numbered seed in the conference?

in other words...

Tom Brady goes to Buffalo, Tyrod Taylor goes to New England

Roethlisberger goes to Tennessee, Mariota to Pittsburgh

Bortles to KC, Alex Smith to the Jags

on the NFC side:

Foles to the Falcons, Ryan to the Eagles

Case to the Panthers, Cam to the Vikings

Goff to the Saints, Brees to the Rams

Mariota looks uncomfortable playing in cold weather, and Roethlisberger would significantly enhance Tennessee's chances of advancing. Tom Brady would be a major upgrade for the young Bills, but the Patriots likely lose in Tyrod's Taylor's first playoff game. Drew Brees would help the Rams, but not as much in poor weather.  

18 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Swap Case Keenum with any NFC QB except for Foles and the Vikings are the easy favorites to win the Super Bowl.

And Jared Goff. Keenum and Goff aren't too different if you ask me. Plus Goff has a much better running game to assist him than we do, so I'm sure that helps his numbers.

8 minutes ago, Starless said:

Keenum had a much better year than Cam tbh.

Cam has his issues, but I think most would agree that if you put him in Pat Shurmur's offense and he gets actual bona fide NFL WRs like Thielen and Diggs instead of what he has with Mike Shula and a bunch of scrub WRs (outside of Devin Funchess), he'd have more success that Case Keenum.  Perhaps you disagree, and it certainly isn't "knowable," but I think most would pick Cam in that hypothetical.

25 minutes ago, SkolMasterMN said:

And Jared Goff. Keenum and Goff aren't too different if you ask me. Plus Goff has a much better running game to assist him than we do, so I'm sure that helps his numbers.

I'm not necessarily saying I agree with this, but because Jared Goff was a first round talent coming out of college people are more likely to believe that his season is for real and not a fluke as opposed to Case Keenum, an UDFA who is just recently starting to have success. 

50 minutes ago, Starless said:

Keenum had a much better year than Cam tbh.

Statistically, sure.  But who actually thinks Keenum is a better QB than Cam?  Keenum plays in an offense that protects him.  They run a crap-ton of play-action and he's not asked to carry the offense while throwing to 2 of the NFL's best WRs.  Newton leads his team in rushing yards and touchdowns, was without his best receiving option for almost all of the year (Olsen), and his #2 WR wasn't even on the team a month ago.  Not to mention the Panthers run a terrible offensive scheme.  I'd bet my life that Keenum would crash and burn in our offense just as he has in the past.  Newton would still be inconsistent because that is who he is, but his lows probably wouldn't be as drastic and his highs would outweigh it anyway.  

Archived