Per twitter: Dunbar re-signs 3/year deal

Dashing202

Quinton Dunbar's three-year deal is worth $10.5 million with a $3 million bonus and $5.25 million guaranteed, per source. Dunbar was scheduled to be a restricted free agent. In part because of Dunbar, the Redskins are comfortable allowing Bashaud... http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-40014503-4 

16 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Glad they are getting the "necessary" contracts done. SMDH. Zach Brown. Kirk Cousins. The time to negotiate is now. Not in March. 

I didn’t think they had the cap space to sign them because they used up a lot of cap space because of all the injuries and needing to sign free agents during the year to replace them.

46 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I didn’t think they had the cap space to sign them because they used up a lot of cap space because of all the injuries and needing to sign free agents during the year to replace them.

I would think they could negotiate something but not make it official until it can be official, but like anything else, there are probably rules against that. 

This is the type of contract they can sign right now. We have almost no cap space to do big deals due to the long IR list (remember they still have to be paid and still count vs the cap). I don't think they can talk to Kirk (because of the tag) until the NFL season ends. Which is right after the SB.

Archived