Let's say Marvin is back

theJ

Since all signs seem to be pointing that way

1. Will you watch next year?
  2. If you have season tickets, will you cancel them?
  3. Who is going to be the d coordinator? (Sounds like guenther may be leaving for Oakland)
  4. Will Paul Alexander be back?
  5. Will Paul bench westerman as punishment for playing well the last two weeks and showing him up? Maybe sign Nate Livingston to a 2 year, $40 mil deal?
  6. Does John Ross ever play?
  7. Does the 12th overall pick play?
  8. Is William Jackson benched in favor of Pacman and Kirkpatrick?

All things I'm curious about. 

If I’m Mike Brown I still interview several up and coming head coaches, see what they have to say. You know you can always fall back on Marvin if no one impressed you. On one hand I’m sure whoever new comes in would have a hard time dealing with Mike Brown budging in, and the team would suffer from it. As long as Mike Brown is alive it might be best to have Marvin coaching just because he had earned the trust (in Browns eyes anyway)

1 hour ago, theJ said:

Since all signs seem to be pointing that way

3. Who is going to be the d coordinator? (Sounds like guenther may be leaving for Oakland)
  5. Will Paul bench westerman as punishment for playing well the last two weeks and showing him up? Maybe sign Nate Livingston to a 2 year, $40 mil deal?

All things I'm curious about. 

1.  Of course, yes

2.  Yes, it's more than just a game for me.  I go with family and friends I wouldn't see much except for holidays.

3.  If Guenther leaves, we will go after a guy like Del Rio or Pagano.  Someone with experience who has ties to Marvin.  I'm not convinced he goes.  Maybe Gruden really wants Alexander (we can only hope....which leads into #4)

4.  Better not be.  That's my breaking point, not Marvin.

5.  He will be gone, so no

6.  Yes

7.  If it is a player I want, he will have to play (Roquan Smith or Orlando brown)

8.  Still drinking whatever's left over from last night?

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Can anyone tell me anything about Paul Guenther? We have a lot of interest from what reports say... Honesty would be appreciated.xD

He is a good but not great DC.  His teams have done well in scoring defense.  He worked with Zimmer to develop the double A gap look.  He has a lot of talent to work with here though.  He is no Mike Zimmer, but he's a solid hire.

1 hour ago, Jason_Bengal_Fl said:

He is a good but not great DC.  His teams have done well in scoring defense.  He worked with Zimmer to develop the double A gap look.  He has a lot of talent to work with here though.  He is no Mike Zimmer, but he's a solid hire.

Much appreciated. This is a lot more than we can say for the last 3 years worth of DC performance though.

15 hours ago, theJ said:

The last four were kind of jokes (kind of...hopefully).  

1. As for me - i'm not sure i'm planning on buying gamepass again.  I think there are other things i'd rather spend $100 on.
  2. N/A, but not planning on buying any
  3. Del Rio is an obvious choice.  I think Kevin Coyle could also get a shot.
  4. I hope not, and if the HC were to be replaced i'd say definitely not.  But if Marvin's back, i have to think that there's a better than 50% chance Alexander is back.  I hope i'm wrong.

I won't be surprised if we cut Pacman.  He's starting to show his age and we should be locking up DD long term.  A top 3 CB set of WJ3, DD, and Kirkpatrick is one of the better units in the league.  Especially if Dre can get back to being 2016 Dre.  It also means we don't draft yet another CB at 12 this year.

I'll be OK with Marvin back if they can Paul Alexander, but I'm not expecting it.

6 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Especially if Dre can get back to being 2016 Dre.

Dre is going to get picked on as long as WJ3 is on the other side of the field.  But i agree, this should be one of the better units in the league.

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I won't be surprised if we cut Pacman.  He's starting to show his age and we should be locking up DD long term.  A top 3 CB set of WJ3, DD, and Kirkpatrick is one of the better units in the league.  Especially if Dre can get back to being 2016 Dre.  It also means we don't draft yet another CB at 12 this year.

I'll be OK with Marvin back if they can Paul Alexander, but I'm not expecting it.

I will.  Mike Brown is still in charge and loves him.  His role should be reduced, but I really think he will be back.

Archived