Leisher's 2018 Mock #4

jleisher

Using Drafttek.com 4rd Mock draft and big board from beyond the 4th for this mock.  Don't argue about what player goes in what round with me, let Drafttek.com know.  

TT retires as GM and take another position within the Packers.  Wolf is our new GM.

Vic Fangio is hired as DC.  Rumored to be interviewing for HC of Bears, not to worried about that, I think they want an offensive minded HC to work with their QB.  What scares me most about not hiring him, is desire to go west.  If Gruden takes Raiders job, could be landing spot for Fangio, or Chargers if Bradley moves on.  (This mock, we luck out.)

Wes Welker is hired as WRC/ST Asst.  My first thought was to clear $$ at the WR spot and with Nelson's uncertainty on how long he wants to play and everyone saying he's lost a step or two.  Have Nelson retire as a player and stay on staff as the WRC.  (Ben MaAdoo is an option as WRC/Asst. HC)

Resigned:  DeVante Adams WR, Corey Linsley C. (Done)  Burnett, House, Evans, Brooks, Dials and Janis.  (Others walk)

Outside Free Agents:  Going to focus on offense here.  QB. Mark Sanchez (Bears), I agree with the thought of a veteran coming in, considered Chad Henne and Scot Tolzien here as well, but Dtrain makes sense with Sanchez.  TE. Tyler Eifert (Bengals), injury prone but still only 27 y/o and productive when he's on the field.  Should be able to get him at about 4-5 mill per year, for 2 years.  WR. Donte Moncrief (Colts),  24 y/o, a cheap and possible player that could blossom with Rodgers.  RB. Frank Gore (Colts), 1 year deal to be veteran tutor and leader for Williams, Jones and Montgomery.  Should come fairly cheap on a 1 year deal to play on a Super Bowl team.

Restructure:  CMJ and Nelson

Released: Cobb

Team Needs: Edge, CB, ILB, WR, TE, OL

Draft 2018

#14.  Drafttek has Packers taking CB Denzel Ward Ohio St.  Arden Key is dropping and NE is a calling.  Packers trade down, NE gets #14, Packers get #31 and #40.  (I know, a lot of your are ticked off with a trade down, but here me out.

#31.  CB Joshua Jackson Iowa.  Could be better then Ward, plus we pick up extra 2nd rd pick.  Teams with King, House and Rollins as the CB's. Randall plays slot.

#40.  ILB/OLB Roquan Smith Georgia.  CMJ moves to a rotational role at ILB and Pass Rusher.  Smith gets a year to work into his starting role at ILB with Martinez in 2019, CMJ will be gone after 2018.

#46.  Edge Marcus Davenport UTSA. (Drafttek has him going at #80)  With Brooks, Perry, CMJ and Smith (Who can play OLB as well)  Davenport is used at Peppers old spot and is given time to develop.

(First three picks cover top defensive needs.)

#78.  OL Isaiah Wynn Georgia.  I have had this guy in my mocks before, what I like about him is that he can play all 5 spots on OL.  I am concerned about Spriggs and Buluga returning next season ready to start.  Bulaga could be released or moved inside.  Spriggs should be ready by OTA's, not counting on that.  Evans is resigned for RG and Wynn battles for RT or groomed for RG.

Comp. TE Dallas Goedet S. Dakota St.  Like what I watched on youtube with this guy.  TE's next year are Eifert, Kendricks and Goedet.

#110.  Edge Duke Ejiofor Wake Forest.  Draft and develop player.  Could push of playing time.

Comp. WR Equanimeous St. Brown WR Notre Dame.  (Again, surprised at ranking)  Screams Packer WR, smooth and polished route runner with speed and good hands.  Tall as well.  Give Packers Adams, Nelson, Moncreif and St. Brown at WR, with Janis mainly on ST. (I wouldn't be upset if Janis wasn't resigned, offers nothing at WR, Bush and Banjo offered some play at DB's)

#142.  CB/S Siran Neal Jacksonville St.  Draft and develop player that can play on ST as well.

Comp.  WR DeeSean Hamilton Penn St.  Here the #5 WR, watched him in the bowl game against USC.  I liked him a lot.

#176.  T Andre Dillard Washington St.  From what I read, some scouts like him more then some of the top T.  If he's here at #176, we take him.  T/G players, insurance for Bulaga and Spriggs.

Comp. ILB Jack Cichy Wisconsin.  Defensive leader, tough kid.  Draft and develop player.

Comp. CB Deion Harris N.Dakota.  Big kid at CB, draft and develop.

Again, I believe I covered the team needs with this mock.  Again, surprised at player rankings, but I would be happy, happy, happy with this draft.

I just don't believe Roquan Smith is ever going to drop past 20 much less 40. He's my guy in this draft, so I'd crap myself if this actually happened but realistically they nab him at #14. I see Davenport getting lot's of love from Packer draft experts. Great job overall!

Archived