Players who have played there last snaps for the Browns.

Kiwibrown

I always love the players, the guys that give there all for the team and the game that I/we love. 

I find it sad when guys don't come back. Even if they sucked. 

these predictions are to do with contracts, talent and john Dorsey showing us how good he is at football. 

Here is my list of gone.

Kessler, Hogan

Crow

Vitale

Louis, maybe Higgins

maybe Drango, Tretter may get cut.

Telfer

Maybe Nassib, Coley.

maybe Kirksey gets released

McCourty, Taylor.

Currie

Gonzalez 

Lol. That’s all of our veterans basically. We cannot complain there is no veteran presence if we cut them all. 

Why would we cut cut Drango? He was a guard filling in at tackle and was playing well enough to allow Kizer to make dumb decisions. 

They wont cut Tretter without someone to fill the void. Our offensive line was the least of our problems. 

I don’t see Higgins getting cut. 

Nassib and Coley will be here Nassib is still on his rookie deal and Coley was signed for basically nothing as a UDFA. 

Kirksey is the leader of the defense. I don’t see him getting cut. 

Letting McCourty and Taylor go would make two holes that we have no one to fill. I could see Taylor but not both. 

Gonzalez had a couple bad games early on but I thought he closed the Year well. 

They people we should see released are the coaches. Almost all of them. Although should be all of them. 

1 hour ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

Lol. That’s all of our veterans basically. We cannot complain there is no veteran presence if we cut them all. 

Why would we cut cut Drango? He was a guard filling in at tackle and was playing well enough to allow Kizer to make dumb decisions. 

They wont cut Tretter without someone to fill the void. Our offensive line was the least of our problems. 

I don’t see Higgins getting cut. 

Nassib and Coley will be here Nassib is still on his rookie deal and Coley was signed for basically nothing as a UDFA. 

Kirksey is the leader of the defense. I don’t see him getting cut. 

Letting McCourty and Taylor go would make two holes that we have no one to fill. I could see Taylor but not both. 

Gonzalez had a couple bad games early on but I thought he closed the Year well. 

They people we should see released are the coaches. Almost all of them. Although should be all of them. 

its a reflection on john dorsey rather than the players in some respects. 

Sometimes these dudes come in and make statement moves.

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

its a reflection on john dorsey rather than the players in some respects. 

Sometimes these dudes come in and make statement moves.

I completely get that. And I agree there will be changes. 

One I could see that would kind of make me mad is Shelton. I could see him trading him to a 3-4 team. 

Just now, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

I completely get that. And I agree there will be changes. 

One I could see that would kind of make me mad is Shelton. I could see him trading him to a 3-4 team. 

I would hate that trade cos at best he will get a 3rd round pick. 

i think shelton played better last eyar and seemed to be getting fatter, but that could be related to injuries this year. 

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

I would hate that trade cos at best he will get a 3rd round pick. 

i think shelton played better last eyar and seemed to be getting fatter, but that could be related to injuries this year. 

I love what I have seen from Shelton. One of my favorite players, a real effort guy. 

I think he would fair better on a 3-4 and he is a former 1st rd pick who may be viewed as not playing to his draft position. 

If Crow leaves, how will people regard his legacy as a Brown.

He has lead the team in rushing 3/4 years and was the best RB in the year he didn't. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cle/career-rushing.htm

9th all time for the Browns in yards and TD's. 

Probably under delivered on his talent here, due to coaching and his attitude. 

I liked Crowell and think there’s a chance he comes back. I expected big things from him this year but like 80% of the players on this team he was misused. 

There were close games that he was averaging 5+ yards in the first half and he didn’t get many carries in the 2nd half. 

I don’t think his value is super high right now. 

- I doubt either Tretter or Drango get cut. Drango is a decent backup on a rookie contract, and Tretter is a decent starter.

- Really doubt Nassib gets cut, nor Coley. While having a disappointing second season, Nassib is still a solid backup DE. Coley looked pretty good for a rookie UDFA, and should be a solid depth at worst.

- Not sure why Kirksey would get cut when he's on a fairly team-friendly contract.

- McCourty is doubtful since he was very solid this year. Taylor is a possibility, though.

- Vitale? Seems like a serviceable fullback. FB is one of those positions where players don't really stick out unless they're noticeably really bad or really good. 

- Gonzales improved throughout the season so I think it's unlikely that he gets cut.

I agree that Louis will likely be gone - and good riddance if that's the case. Higgins is a strong possibility as well, but he could be a decent fourth or fifth option. Before I thought it was likely that Crowell was gone, but after Hue's comments, I think it's a near certainty. He's totally replaceable anyway.

Kessler and Hogan are both likely gone. I'd like for Kessler to stay. But I imagine we bring in a rookie QB and a vet, and then there's Kizer. So Cody would just be the odd one out. I think he'd sign elsewhere and be a respectable backup.

It's not like we'll need to release players due to cap reasons. I think we'll cut some of these players because we found potentially better replacements. As of now, there's just not much of a reason to release players like McCoutry, Kirksey, Nassib, etc. who are all solid to above average at their respective roles.

Archived