Chargers Acquire QB Cardale Jones via trade

Dr LBC

On 7/26/2017 at 11:05 PM, Thelonebillsfan said:

I don't understand why we did this? Now our only back-up is a 5th round rookie, and TJ Yates. And Cardale had potential and if we suck this year, and, yeah we're gonna suck this year, at least we could have maybe seen if he could play at an NFL level.

Yates is the ideal backup QB. Studious in preparation, really studies the game plan, and will come in and not lose the game for you. Might even win a few for you. Really thought he could have developed into a strong game manager/starter for the Texans.

His ceiling has been maxed out, but I think he'll have an excellent future as a coach one day.

7 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Yates is the ideal backup QB. Studious in preparation, really studies the game plan, and will come in and not lose the game for you. Might even win a few for you. Really thought he could have developed into a strong game manager/starter for the Texans.

His ceiling has been maxed out, but I think he'll have an excellent future as a coach one day.

All reports from camp is that he can barely push the ball 20 yards.

Probably at the end.

39 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Probably at the end.

Really? Too bad. He played a big part in nuking Revis Island. Nuk Hopkins tore him to pieces, and Yates just dropped em over the top the entire day.

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Probably at the end.

Any idea if that means he's failing to deliver vertically deep or failing to reach 20 yds combined through the air (downfield + outside angle) in his pass attempts? Or maybe that all people are seeing is short timing throws...Denisson's playcalling tendency anyway? This offense's passing attack will be heavily focused on those short, timing routes, so...

14 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

Any idea if that means he's failing to deliver vertically deep or failing to reach 20 yds combined through the air (downfield + outside angle) in his pass attempts? Or maybe that all people are seeing is short timing throws...Denisson's playcalling tendency anyway? This offense's passing attack will be heavily focused on those short, timing routes, so...

I'd be really concerned if he can't throw it 20 yards combined. 

5 hours ago, texans_uk said:

I'd be really concerned if he can't throw it 20 yards combined. 

As it turns out, I'd bet it was the limited plays deep. Ability to go  over 20 yds is definitely there:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/7/28/16059908/2017-buffalo-bills-training-camp-recap-day-2-nathan-peterman-shaq-lawson-john-miller-jordan-mills

Scroll down to "Receiver mentions" and click on the video link titled "nice grab". Yates threw that ball. I'm not concerned anymore.

Archived