2018 Postseason NFL Mock Draft

Shylo3716

16 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Probably not.  

1.  They don't value the safety spot enough to spend the 12th pick on the position.

2.  They seem committed to the Iloka/Williams duo, which baffles me, as both are strong safety types.  We have yet to replace reggie nelson in the free safety spot.  If we ever were going to take a safety this high, we should have grabbed Malik Hooker last year.

Thank you.

11. Miami Dolphins - Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State 

While Miami could use CB help (and I have been saying it for years),  Howard and Tankersley did do well for us this year.  I think the bigger need is Offensive Line help.  We need to keep Ryan upright and open holes for our second rate RB (I would love Barkley, but there is no way we are getting him).  So I think we look along the Offensive line.  With Ja'Wuan James in a contract year and no telling if he will be back with the team, I think we would love to get the best tackle on the board in Mike McGlinchey.  Nelson would also be another prime pick here, but you have him going to SF, so he is out.

So I see them picking McGlinchey, but Ward would not be a bad pick either.

1 hour ago, praegler said:

11. Miami Dolphins - Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State 

While Miami could use CB help (and I have been saying it for years),  Howard and Tankersley did do well for us this year.  I think the bigger need is Offensive Line help.  We need to keep Ryan upright and open holes for our second rate RB (I would love Barkley, but there is no way we are getting him).  So I think we look along the Offensive line.  With Ja'Wuan James in a contract year and no telling if he will be back with the team, I think we would love to get the best tackle on the board in Mike McGlinchey.  Nelson would also be another prime pick here, but you have him going to SF, so he is out.

So I see them picking McGlinchey, but Ward would not be a bad pick either.

I appreciate your feedback. I believe Ward is too good of a prospect to pass up on.

17 hours ago, Shylo3716 said:

21. Tennessee Titans - Harold Landry, DE/LB, Boston College 

22. Buffalo Bills - Da’Ron Payne, DT, Alabama 

23. Jacksonville Jaguars - Connor Williams, OT, Texas

24. Buffalo Bills (via Kansas City Chiefs) - Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn 

25. Atlanta Falcons - Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson

26. Los Angeles Rams - Billy Price, OG/C, Ohio State

27. New Orleans Saints - Justin Reid, S, Stanford

28. Carolina Panthers - Austin Bryant, DE, Clemson 

You should revisit this draft order with some predictions, even if it is assuming highest seed wins each time. Picks 21-24 are split between the losers of the 1st round and then sorted by Record and then Strength of Schedule. Similarly, picks 25-28 are split between the 4 losers of the 2nd round. Therefore, assuming the highest seed wins each time, the picks should go as follows:

21. Titans

22. Bills

23. Falcons

24. Panthers

25. Jags

26. Chiefs

27. Rams

28. Saints

29. Steelers

30. Vikings

31/ 32 between Eagles and Patriots depending on Super Bowl

17 hours ago, Shylo3716 said:

1. Cleveland Browns - Sam Darnold, QB, USC

Also, I am very curious to see what happens with Darnold if he does declare. Whenever I see him play, he looks like a 3rd or 4th round prospect to me personally, but I am no expert. Supposedly NFL teams are rating him very differently from each other so his combine could easily either lock him into the 1st round or drop him to the end of 2nd or start of 3rd (even with a bad combine, he has been so over-hyped for two years now that I do not think he falls past this point.

Archived