2018 coaching staff watch

Apparition

Just now, G-McDog said:

How comes we don't get any compensation from other teams steeling our coordinators? Seems really unfair that BB spends time training them up and then loses them to another team who are incompetent at training there own!!

Yeah, man, guys having their own interests in mind and pursuing better opportunities is a real bummer. 

8 hours ago, Starless said:

Yeah, man, guys having their own interests in mind and pursuing better opportunities is a real bummer. 

Great response. Well done. Thanks for the brilliant insight!!! 

But couldn't you make the same statement regarding players? Whenever a player is under contract and another team wants that player they have to give up a draft pick or 2 don't they? Why is that not the same for coaches.

On 1/8/2018 at 1:37 AM, Nex_Gen said:

I honestly don't believe Patricia is anywhere near ready to be an NFL Head Coach. It's a bad move for both parties. Hope I'm wrong as I'd like to see the Lions succeed....

Why wouldn't he be ready?  He's the longest current DC in the league.  Sure he can be immature at times like wearing the Clown Goodell t-shirt, but he's got a proven track record.

It sucks for the Patriots, but Patricia earned his shot.

So who are the front runners for the Patriots' DC?

Steve Belichick?  Brian Belichick?  lol... I'm guessing current defensive coaches (Daly, Flores and Boyer) all probably have a chance, but anyone from outside the organization?

Honestly I would love to see Mike Vrabel come back, but he's probably going to be the new Titans HC.

14 hours ago, G-McDog said:

Great response. Well done. Thanks for the brilliant insight!!! 

But couldn't you make the same statement regarding players? Whenever a player is under contract and another team wants that player they have to give up a draft pick or 2 don't they? Why is that not the same for coaches.

Coaches are not under the NFLPA. They do not prescribe to the same player right rules. They are always free agents like any other job in the world where you can leave for something better. At least most teams ask the other for permission to interview and it is almost always granted. 

8 hours ago, mission27 said:

If Flores leaves, I'd be fine with him giving the job to Steve but something tells me he'd be very reluctant to do that.

I don't think he's ready for that at all. Wasn't this his first season as a positional coach?? My guess would be Boyer is Flores walks.

Archived