Pace Extended

blkwdw13

1 minute ago, blkwdw13 said:

Pace said the HC hiring is a collaborative effort but it's his decision, that is going to leave a lot of interpretation for people to take how they want to.

To me what he is saying there is I will pick who I want but I need to money men to sign off on it.

Just now, Madmike90 said:

To me what he is saying there is I will pick who I want but I need to money men to sign off on it.

Maybe, but he stumbled answering the question. Only time he has stumbled so far was this question.

1 minute ago, Rogerthat said:

I will give the bears an A for today.  Fire fox extend pace to give a potiential coach the job security.  This team is raising 

I think it's incomplete until a HC is hired, if they end up with some one like Fisher or some other turd then it's an F.

1 minute ago, blkwdw13 said:

I think it's incomplete until a HC is hired, if they end up with some one like Fisher or some other turd then it's an F.

In all fairness, he did say "for today" rather than long term. It is subject to change.

And thanks for the link, I forgot about it.

Just now, Sugashane said:

In all fairness, he did say "for today" rather than long term. It is subject to change.

And thanks for the link, I forgot about it.

I know he said today, but I think it all really comes down to the HC hire. Just my opinion.

31 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Pace is still preaching patience and wants to build through the draft, but I got the feeling that he held himself accountable for the FA signings and said he needs to get better.

I think Pace has this team primed for a leap next season.  Defense is in good shape, running game in good shape, you have your QB in place, you'll have your coach in place.  things are lining up nicely for 2018

I'm not sure what's so unclear about the "collaborative effort" stuff. Ultimately Pace has final say, but he's receptive to input from other people. It's not a dictatorship. Do people want it to be a dictatorship? Judging by the reactions I've heard, I guess they do. They apparently want a GM who doesn't listen to anybody else.

Archived