Pace Extended

blkwdw13

2 hours ago, Rogerthat said:

Does this mean Pace and the bears can bomb in 2018 get 4 or 5 wins again and Pace will be safe?   

My guess is this buys Pace 2018 and 2019 before there is talk of firing him, which is how it should be because by year 3 if the Bears still suck that means Trubisky sucks.

20 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

My guess is this buys Pace 2018 and 2019 before there is talk of firing him, which is how it should be because by year 3 if the Bears still suck that means Trubisky sucks.

Bingo- this all rides on Tru being a great QB. 

46 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Bingo- this all rides on Tru being a great QB. 

It also rides on the Bears winning games if Trubisky is great and the Bears don't win games he will still not be GM at that time.

9 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

How are the Bears NOT winning games if Tru is great?

One they play in a division where Rodgers should still be great for another 5 years or so. The Vikings overall are still a good team. So Tru can still be good and lose to the Packers if Rodgers is still better. The Bears have to be careful and not just draft receivers and while forgetting  about OT and the defense. The problem I still have with the Bears defense is they still don't rush the passer very well  despite their ranking. I just don't think you will consistently win meaningful NFL games without pressuring the QB.

McVay made Goff and the Rams better be also inherited better defensive talent and had Donald who can rush the passer.

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

We have had a lot of incompetence in the 20ish years he has been the team President...  that alone is all people need to look at to say he is meddling. No tangible proof.

Just like how Jay didn't care about winning, we don't need proof to make assumptions and run with it. lol

Well, Bears fans were also convinced that Cutler played poorly in primetime because his diabetes made it harder for him to see at night, so they’ll obviously believe anything.

19 hours ago, TB 1 said:

One they play in a division where Rodgers should still be great for another 5 years or so. The Vikings overall are still a good team. So Tru can still be good and lose to the Packers if Rodgers is still better. The Bears have to be careful and not just draft receivers and while forgetting  about OT and the defense. The problem I still have with the Bears defense is they still don't rush the passer very well  despite their ranking. I just don't think you will consistently win meaningful NFL games without pressuring the QB.

McVay made Goff and the Rams better be also inherited better defensive talent and had Donald who can rush the passer.

Rogers is going to be 35 you expect him to be on Tom Brady's level at 39? He takes hits and his mobile he won't have as long of a career. I do agree with your point we are in a tough division, but I can see us still getting to 8-8 next year if Mitch plays really well, and if he plays at an elite level I can see us wining 10 games. 

Archived