Baltimore Ravens 2018 Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

55 minutes ago, paraven said:

More then enough to sign a guy like crabtree or to trade for and resign dez. Id be onboard with Terell Pryor too if hes cheaper

McFarland's cap numbers take into account mandatory offseason workout bonuses and such that the NFLPA's doesn't at the moment. And like he said in the second Tweet a good amount will be needed for the rest of the offseason/into next season. That big number is misleading by a bunch, and doesn't count John Brown's contract either. If Baltimore is going to sign anybody they're still going to have to make more moves to open up cap space... and push more cap down the line. This isn't a good thing.

On 3/16/2018 at 1:02 PM, wackywabbit said:

Cap # looks fine to me. We aren't bringing in another huge contract anyway. Also some of those rookie draft picks/UDFAs are going to displace more expensive vets.

I meant to respond to this earlier, but which ones? Baltimore doesn't really have anybody else left that's expendable with a higher cap number. Perriman and McClellan are about the closest you can get, and I really doubt Breshad is getting cut. Albert's cap number is only $1.4 million so moving on from him wouldn't open up much anyways. 

Baltimore's best bet to gain more cap space at this point is a new contract for Mosley. A simple restructure for Jefferson or maybe Yanda would do the trick too but man I really don't want the team to do that. 

57 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Anyone know if Mike Pouncey is still any good?

From Rotoworld

Pouncey has chronically bad hips but started all 16 games in 2017 for the first time since 2012. However, he turns 29 this summer, took the most penalties among all centers last year, and graded out as Pro Football Focus' No. 34 center out of 38 qualifiers. 

Given that he also missed 19 games over the 4 seasons prior to last isn't great either.  Couple the injury risk with his poor play and the expectation that he'll still command upwards of $7m or 8m, and I don't think he'd be worth going after

1 hour ago, coordinator0 said:

I meant to respond to this earlier, but which ones? Baltimore doesn't really have anybody else left that's expendable with a higher cap number. Perriman and McClellan are about the closest you can get, and I really doubt Breshad is getting cut. Albert's cap number is only $1.4 million so moving on from him would open up much anyways. 

Eh.. I didn't really expand on that in purpose, since it's mostly just an accounting annoyance with the totals on the tweet from the last page, rather than talking about specific football moves. Probably no one else cares. Without going paragraphs into it, he's adding the top-51 right now PLUS an additional 2 PLUS the cost of our rookie slots PLUS cushion for IR replacements to diminish the starting cap space total. That already doesn't make sense because we won't have 53 players and an 8-10 player rookie class. And then you get into the price difference between the contracts, like an UDFA replacing someone who makes 700-1M, are some minor adjustments that will put bring down the most conservative estimate he's building.

Not talking about clearing space some huge contracts, but my opinion is that there is plenty of cushion there in the cap that we probably won't use this year, and we could sign another decent vet or two if we wanted to.

2 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Apparently Ben Watson is close to signing with the Chiefs. If he still wants to play, IDK why we couldn't make it work. We need him more than they do, and he was at least competent.

Athleticism. I think we wanted to upgrade the athleticism of our TE slot. Watson made plays, but he didn’t really scare defenses any. At this point in his career he’s no longer a mismatch.

edit: Especially since both Maxx Williams and Nick Boyle seem to have good hands and similar athleticism as Watson, just not as good with their route running. But there was just too much redundancy there.

1 hour ago, sp6488 said:

Good deal for the Eagles.  Wouldn't have minded him back at that number, but fine with him going into the comp pick formula.

Yeah, this cancels out the John Brown numbers. So we should pretty much be guaranteed a 4th round (unlikely but possibly 3rd) round compensatory pick. Anything else should just be icing. Hopefully someone signs Austin Howard to a great deal. Net us even more picks.

38 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Yeah, this cancels out the John Brown numbers. So we should pretty much be guaranteed a 4th round (unlikely but possibly 3rd) round compensatory pick. Anything else should just be icing. Hopefully someone signs Austin Howard to a great deal. Net us even more picks.

After the Wagner compensatory pick fiasco I'm not counting on anything until next season is done when things are this close. Wallace getting injured and missing games in Philadelphia would mean Baltimore loses that pick. I'm not holding my breath.

Luckily if something gets done with Snead or Meredith they don't count for the compensatory formula.

1 minute ago, coordinator0 said:

After the Wagner compensatory pick fiasco I'm not counting on anything until next season is done when things are this close. Wallace getting injured and missing games in Philadelphia would mean Baltimore loses that pick. I'm not holding my breath.

Luckily if something gets done with Snead or Meredith they don't count for the compensatory formula.

Still a chance with West, Watson and Camp

1 minute ago, sp6488 said:

Still a chance with West, Watson and Camp

Keep in mind to qualify for the compensatory formula a player has to get one of the top 32 contracts this offseason. I really doubt West or Campanaro will get anything above the minimum and Watson is kind of iffy too.

Archived