Baltimore Ravens 2018 Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

Just now, coordinator0 said:

Keep in mind to qualify for the compensatory formula a player has to get one of the top 32 contracts this offseason. I really doubt West or Campanaro will get anything above the minimum and Watson is kind of iffy too.

That's not true necessarily.  One of the top-32 un-netted/cancelled contracts.  And at the very least they will help prevent any shenanigans saying that Wallace alone doesn't cancel out brown.

12 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

That's not true necessarily.  One of the top-32 un-netted/cancelled contracts.  And at the very least they will help prevent any shenanigans saying that Wallace alone doesn't cancel out brown.

He does cancel out Brown... for now. Unless Wallace gets hurt and missing games lowers his compensatory value. Like I said nothing is final until next season is over. For what it's worth OTC has a nice page to follow:

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

22 minutes ago, Mancunian Raven said:

I'm sure Austin Howard will get signed somewhere. As I understand it, he's still going to count against the Ravens FA signings, and will surely earn enough to earn a comp pick.

He will since they declined to pick up his option, thus it is not a "cut." for the purposes of the formula.

35 minutes ago, Mancunian Raven said:

I'm sure Austin Howard will get signed somewhere. As I understand it, he's still going to count against the Ravens FA signings, and will surely earn enough to earn a comp pick.

Sure, signed somewhere. But for anything more than the minimum? Eh. If there's a team desperate for OL help later on like Baltimore was last year maybe. I'm not ruling out the Ravens bringing him back on a cheaper deal (like the minimum) either. Probably a move that would happen after the draft though.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Boodgyman5220 said:

Has anybody heard anything about Crockett Gilmore? I always liked him and it seemed like maybe he would have been an answer at tight end before injuries the past two years. I'm intrigued by him as a lineman. Was always a pretty good blocker.

Haven't heard anything about him since the story broke that he's now working as an OL. I think he'd be a great TE3 or a guy who can play as an extra lineman and then catch some passes also.

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

It's kind of eucks that he's had to switch positions with our TE depth chart being so barren. But counting on him would be like counting on Campanaro as an WR at this point.

Hmm, not bad. Gillmore has flashed when healthy. But yeah, that's been about as often as Campanaro has been healthy so...

17 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Hmm, not bad. Gillmore has flashed when healthy. But yeah, that's been about as often as Campanaro has been healthy so...

And the thing is, he flashed at TE and actually looked good, whereas Campanaro never even flashed at WR - people just wanted to believe he did because he caught a couple passes in preseason from Matt Schaub a couple years ago.

2 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

And the thing is, he flashed at TE and actually looked good, whereas Campanaro never even flashed at WR - people just wanted to believe he did because he caught a couple passes in preseason from Matt Schaub a couple years ago.

No, Mike did a few (literally, just a few) nice things during actual games. But then he got hurt. Constantly.

9 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

No, Mike did a few (literally, just a few) nice things during actual games. But then he got hurt. Constantly.

Yes, who can forget that one time he had a career-high 40 receiving yards in 2014 against the Bengals on 3 receptions. Or that time he had a career-high 4 receptions against Pittsburgh this year.

He was a decent returner, but absolutely worthless as a WR.

Archived