Baltimore Ravens 2018 Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

they will draft Oline sometime over the weekend i guess.

Agreed.

Going into next year, we have these guys as guarantees for the 53-man (in the case of Skura it's less guaranteed, but I'm counting him here for this exercise):

Stanley
Lewis
Yanda
Hurst
Siragusa
Eluemunor
Skura

There are several other guys currently being carried, but none of them have any sort of inside track to the roster at the moment IMO.

This means, I think, that we have at least one spot to fill along the line w/r/t an NFL-caliber player.

1 hour ago, berlin calling said:

yep, better spent a high(er) pick on a NFL ready lineman than some developmental late 4th/5th round guy, as 3 of the aforementioned 7 guys are nothing but developmental at this stage -  totally unproven assets i would not want to bank a season on.

It will all depend on how the board falls, but I would really like to see us get a RT (who ideally could play both tackle positions as well as OG) in the first three rounds.  I think the following is pretty solid headed into next year (please god, no more injuries):

LT- Stanley
LG- Lewis
C- Skura/Siragusa
RG- Yanda
RT- Hurst/Rookie

With Eluemunor continuing to season.  Also, ideally the rookie takes that RT spot and Hurst is the swing guy backing up to all four non-C positions.

1 minute ago, sp6488 said:

It will all depend on how the board falls, but I would really like to see us get a RT (who ideally could play both tackle positions as well as OG) in the first three rounds.  I think the following is pretty solid headed into next year (please god, no more injuries):

LT- Stanley
LG- Lewis
C- Skura/Siragusa
RG- Yanda
RT- Hurst/Rookie

With Eluemunor continuing to season.  Also, ideally the rookie takes that RT spot and Hurst is the swing guy backing up to all four non-C positions.

i expect that 2 O-linemen will be drafted in the first 4 rounds

1 minute ago, paraven said:

i expect that 2 O-linemen will be drafted in the first 4 rounds

Do you think there's ultimately room for 9 OL on the 53?  If so, what position group to you see giving way?

QB - 2
WR - 6 (Crabtree, Brown, Snead, Moore, Perriman, rookie)
RB - 4 (Collins, Dixon, Allen, rookie)
TE - 4 (Williams, Boyle, Waller, rookie)
OL - 8 (mentioned above)

That's 24 players, which I believe is what we typically carry on the offensive side of the ball (3 ST, 26 defense).

I'm not saying we wouldn't take 9 OL into the season, just curious where you see the spot for one coming from (a second draftee could supplant someone on the current group of OL as well, I guess).

14 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

Do you think there's ultimately room for 9 OL on the 53?  If so, what position group to you see giving way?

QB - 2
WR - 6 (Crabtree, Brown, Snead, Moore, Perriman, rookie)
RB - 4 (Collins, Dixon, Allen, rookie)
TE - 4 (Williams, Boyle, Waller, rookie)
OL - 8 (mentioned above)

That's 24 players, which I believe is what we typically carry on the offensive side of the ball (3 ST, 26 defense).

I'm not saying we wouldn't take 9 OL into the season, just curious where you see the spot for one coming from (a second draftee could supplant someone on the current group of OL as well, I guess).

With the uncertainty at C, and with how well Hurst will be at RT, yea I could see a Tackle and Center being drafted. As to who gets moved off the roster, Id go with waller if we do in fact draft a rookie TE early

2 minutes ago, paraven said:

With the uncertainty at C, and with how well Hurst will be at RT, yea I could see a Tackle and Center being drafted. As to who gets moved off the roster, Id go with waller if we do in fact draft a rookie TE early

Side note, is Waller PS eligible?

I'm sure this could work itself out through injury, as these things seem to do, but thought I would throw it out there as there are ultimately roster space constraints.

^^^ Alex Lewis has center versatility. His dad played the center position and thus he’s taken snaps all his life. I expect that unless we draft a center prospect we will let him challenge Skura for the center spot.

I think drafting 2 OL will depend on the board, but I think we will for sure take on in the first 4 rounds. The most likely addition will probably be a college OT that could fall in the draft due to height. Kind of like Yanda fell from Iowa many moons ago.

Solid candidates within the first four rounds that might fit the bill could be:

1. Isaiah Wynn

2. Connor Williams

3. Will Hernandez

4. Martina’s Rankin

5. Alex Cappa 

2 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

^^^ Alex Lewis has center versatility. His dad played the center position and thus he’s taken snaps all his life. I expect that unless we draft a center prospect we will let him challenge Skura for the center spot.

That's a huge leap nobody should be willing to bet on. Until Lewis plays/extensively practices at center with the Ravens, you can't count on him for anything at that spot. 

2 hours ago, berlin calling said:

yep, better spent a high(er) pick on a NFL ready lineman than some developmental late 4th/5th round guy, as 3 of the aforementioned 7 guys are nothing but developmental at this stage -  totally unproven assets i would not want to bank a season on.

To be fair Eluemunor actually played/started last season. For as raw as he is/was, it wasn't a bad showing either. I'm really interested to see what the team has in mind from here on out. 

51 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

That's a huge leap nobody should be willing to bet on. Until Lewis plays/extensively practices at center with the Ravens, you can't count on him for anything at that spot. 

I wouldn’t call it a leap. Skura is the starter at the position. And if we draft, let’s just say Orlando Brown in the 2nd/3rd round.

LT- Stanley

LG- Lewis/Hurst/depth

C- Skura/Lewis/undrafted rookie

RG- Yanda

RT- “Hurst”/Brown

Stanley and Yanda are the only surefire bets to start at those slots on the OL. Everything else would be a free for all.

I would expect Brown to eventually overtake Hurst on the depth chart. Which means Hurst will now compete with Lewis for the starting LG spot. Hurst was our starter there last year and did well enough to earn a new contract, coaches might be inclined to make him the long term starter.

So now we’re left with the final musical chair. Skura and likely some talented UDRFA will compete for the starting job. Lewis should also factor into the competition. He wants to start and has always practiced snapping. It only makes sense that the coaches would allow him to compete with Skura for the starting gig.

Prior to Ryan Jensen starting at center last season, he had minimal experience there. He had begun practicing snaps there the year prior, I believe, but nothing more. Lewis has at least been practicing since he was a cub. Whether he wins the job or not would be up to how quickly he’s able to adjust to the new position. I’d call it a leap to assume he would be handed the job, but if he wins it, he deserves it.

Archived