Baltimore Ravens 2018 Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

4 hours ago, M.10.E said:

I may be in the small minority with this opinion/thought, but Alex Lewis won't be playing RT next season. Stanley-Lewis-Someone-Yanda-Someone.

I've been saying the same all along because of the reasons you laid out later in this thread

5 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Yeah, I don't know what the timetable looks like on Siragusa's return,

I'm not particularly optimistic.  IIRC his was a 3 ligament injury (ACL, PCL, LCL), which is a massive injury, and closer to the sort of injury Teddy Bridgewater sustained than it is to your typical ACL tear.

I wouldn't be surprised if he starts the season on PUP, and I'm certainly not expecting him to seriously compete for the starting LG job

considering how we played better with an oline which had gelled during the season, compared to how we played with healthy receivers and backs in the beginning of the season, I would prefer us to bolster that offensive line instead of putting our money/draft picks elsewhere.

I'd like us to get a right tackle and work with what we have inside. Howard can either be the stop gap solution at tackle he would be anyway, or he could be a backup and used in jumbo formations.

I agree, I think Alex Lewis makes the most sense at LG. I’d rather we have a good/great LG option than an average to below average RT option. Just look at how serviceable, Hurst looked over the previous seasons when he switched from OG to OT. Both have shorter arms for their height, so OG makes more sense.

Losing Jensen would be a serious blow, but if he gets a better offer somewhere else, there's not much to be done. I know Skura played as a Center in college, but we'll have to see how well he can perform in that role in the NFL.

Siragusa getting that injury is such a downer, because he seemed like their eventual Yanda replacement. A big, mauling, mean Guard. Whether he gets back to full health and remains the same player, well that's another thing we'll have to see.

As is RT, with Howard, who did a decent job this year. His cap hit will be $5million in 2018, which is cheap for a starting RT, but still maybe too rich for the Ravens.

A quick look at the impending FAs around the league suggests that it's a good year to be looking for O-linemen, so the market might be diluted for Jensen and Hurst. There are a lot of guys out there who will grab the attention more.

But all in all, I still feel optimistic that D'Alessandris can work with whatever personnel he's got to craft a solid line... Which is better than we could say in previous years.

So it was expected that Haloti Ngata would retire. But now he says he wants to make a return. He wants to go out his last season by finishing it off healthy.

I know we already have enough of a logjam at DE/DT, but I would definitely be for bringing Ngata back for the right price. He’s a better run defender than anyone we have when healthy, and he could be a veteran presence up front to tighten up our defense.

1 hour ago, Darth Pees said:

Yeah, pretty much. Him and Wormley are useless.

Wormley is a rookie. Plenty of time for him to develop, just like Brandon Williams, Michael Pierce and Willie Henry have.

Kaufusi seems like a pick that was always destined to be a waste, even before the injury that put him on IR before his rookie season.

3 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

Maybe Martundale will actually rotate his linemen. You know, actually utilize the talented depth at that area of the defense.

Doubtful, but hey why not. 

No, No, watching our D line and then specifically the pass rush gas out on long drives motivates the rest of the team.

On 1/5/2018 at 5:51 PM, drd23 said:

I've been saying the same all along because of the reasons you laid out later in this thread

I'd concur with this, but the someone at center will likely be Matt Skura, as he played there in college, and looked respectable in Yanda's absence.  I'd suspect that Ryan Jensen will be wildly overpaid this off season.

Archived