Baltimore Ravens 2018 Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

2 hours ago, Danand said:

Edit: My favorite approach though would be building an oline out of the Iowa and Wisconsin-style of lineman. Big, fat farmerboys who are angry with the world for shoveling **** in the childhood, only eating corn and more corn and always being cold. They just love the nastiness of the game, play hurt, injuried and a little dirty.

If only they had the same lineman of yesteryear. I remember watching those guys back when they had Zeitler and Frederick, was truly a thing to behold. I think Stanford has stolen some of the talent that they use to work with because they’re starting to build a lot stronger units. Much stronger than they days when they had soft guys like Jonathan Martin.

I think we’re starting to see where the off brand schools are bringing in stronger talent as well. Guys like Chukwuma Okorafor. I really love watching this offensive line class play.

3 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

If only they had the same lineman of yesteryear. I remember watching those guys back when they had Zeitler and Frederick, was truly a thing to behold. I think Stanford has stolen some of the talent that they use to work with because they’re starting to build a lot stronger units. Much stronger than they days when they had soft guys like Jonathan Martin.

I think we’re starting to see where the off brand schools are bringing in stronger talent as well. Guys like Chukwuma Okorafor. I really love watching this offensive line class play.

The line that Melvin Gordon ran behind was truly spectacular. He was such a difficult talent to evaluate because they created insanely large running lanes.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a crazy idea, how would you all feel about trying to trade for Dez Bryant?  There's a lot of talk about the Cowboys trying to get him to take a pay cut or moving on. Ozzie has shown a willingness to trade for veteran receivers from other teams in the past.

3 hours ago, sp6488 said:

Here's a crazy idea, how would you all feel about trying to trade for Dez Bryant?  There's a lot of talk about the Cowboys trying to get him to take a pay cut or moving on. Ozzie has shown a willingness to trade for veteran receivers from other teams in the past.

We have indeed hit on some aging wide receivers, but i don't believe that we should trade away picks to sustain that approach. Older wideouts, whether it is Bryant, Crabtree, Wallace etc. should only come in if they are cut from their respective teams/wants to sign for less.

That lack of upcoming wide receiver talent killed us this year, when Maclin didn't produce. We had only Chris Moore, when we figured Perriman couldn't do the job.

4 hours ago, sp6488 said:

I’d do it. Dez Bryant is what Anquan Boldin was for Flacco in the playoffs. He’s not someone that’s always going to separate but he’s always someone you can throw it in his direction and see what he can do. His hands aren’t as trustworthy as Boldin’s were, but he’s been open in situations where Prescott is wildly off the mark. He also does well with getting open off the dig routes. Slightly different from the comeback route but that was what Flacco relies on in his rookie season. I says if we can trade for and restructure his deal to a reasonable figure, I’m down. Trading Jimmy for Bryant might be some sort of poetic justice as that was who it seems Ozzie’s main target was that year according to reporters, until he was snatched up right before our eyes the pick before.

But I would only do it if Bryant agreed to take a pay cut. I trust our front offices ability to gather quality corners than quality receivers.

14 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I’d do it. Dez Bryant is what Anquan Boldin was for Flacco in the playoffs. He’s not someone that’s always going to separate but he’s always someone you can throw it in his direction and see what he can do. His hands aren’t as trustworthy as Boldin’s were, but he’s been open in situations where Prescott is wildly off the mark. He also does well with getting open off the dig routes. Slightly different from the comeback route but that was what Flacco relies on in his rookie season. I says if we can trade for and restructure his deal to a reasonable figure, I’m down. Trading Jimmy for Bryant might be some sort of poetic justice as that was who it seems Ozzie’s main target was that year according to reporters, until he was snatched up right before our eyes the pick before.

But I would only do it if Bryant agreed to take a pay cut. I trust our front offices ability to gather quality corners than quality receivers.

I can't trade Jimmy. Even though he's on the sideline a lot, that last month or so showed why we need him. Even though I blame the season on Dean Pees, but we still need Jimmy until he can't Jimmy no more. While I would love Des, I would only take him if he's cut from the Cowboys. He's not taking a paycut, that's out the window. I'd be VERY surprised if he considered it. But I would take him on the squad in a heartbeat!

Des +  Captain Kirk/Gallup/Ridley = CHAMPIONSHIP!

6 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I would rather let the Cowboys release him and then sign him than trade for him.

6 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

I can't trade Jimmy. Even though he's on the sideline a lot, that last month or so showed why we need him. Even though I blame the season on Dean Pees, but we still need Jimmy until he can't Jimmy no more. While I would love Des, I would only take him if he's cut from the Cowboys. He's not taking a paycut, that's out the window. I'd be VERY surprised if he considered it. But I would take him on the squad in a heartbeat!

Des +  Captain Kirk/Gallup/Ridley = CHAMPIONSHIP!

Why do we need him if he's always on the sidelines anyways? He's 8 years into his career and has only played 2 full seasons. His value is never going to be higher than it is today and we're already solid at CB this year. He's perfect trade bait.

Neither charge is a felony (note the boxes checked are both misdemeanors). The only thing I can see about this is that he took the charger from a hotel room or something, while drunk, and when confronted starting acting like an idiot and didn't give it back. That checks both boxes for harassment and 4th degree theft.

3 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Neither charge is a felony (note the boxes checked are both misdemeanors). The only thing I can see about this is that he took the charger from a hotel room or something, while drunk, and when confronted starting acting like an idiot and didn't give it back. That checks both boxes for harassment and 4th degree theft.

gotcha I read bad info somewhere where it mentioned a felony. This makes more sense now

Archived