Baltimore Ravens 2018 Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

• 2 weeks later...

I still don't understand why Campanaro was so underused last season. His first year without going onto IR, and he only managed 19 receptions. He's a guy who seemed to make plays whenever he got the chance, in his first couple of seasons, but had that ruined by injuries. But even with the abysmal performances of Maclin and Perriman, Camp still only got 24% of the offensive snaps.

He's obviously never going to be a gamebreaker, but I still think he could be a really nice component of a receiving corps.

Also when you see players on our team with big cap hits campaigning to bring in a big name FA, just know it isn't always for the best interest of the team. The restructured contract lottery usually bears fruit in Baltimore and players will obviously always want more guaranteed money. 

On 2/10/2018 at 6:57 AM, Mancunian Raven said:

I still don't understand why Campanaro was so underused last season. His first year without going onto IR, and he only managed 19 receptions. He's a guy who seemed to make plays whenever he got the chance, in his first couple of seasons, but had that ruined by injuries. But even with the abysmal performances of Maclin and Perriman, Camp still only got 24% of the offensive snaps.

He's obviously never going to be a gamebreaker, but I still think he could be a really nice component of a receiving corps.

he should be utilized like a Julian Edelman. I bet if he went to the Patriots he'd be a 1,000 yard receiver if he stayed healthy.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, berlin calling said:

thats great news. Fins probably have to release Jawuan James now who then could come to Baltimore as our RT. would clear a need before the draft.

James has been very up and down from what I have seen. would he be an upgrade over Howard?

2 hours ago, Danand said:

James has been very up and down from what I have seen. would he be an upgrade over Howard?

afaik he is reliable and probably won't command a top5 contract, most of all is much younger than Howard. how much longer does Howard have? he is on his last year of contract if i am not mistaking.

38 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

afaik he is reliable and probably won't command a top5 contract, most of all is much younger than Howard. how much longer does Howard have? he is on his last year of contract if i am not mistaking.

Howard has two years left on his deal. He signed a 3-year contract last offseason.

However, he's not good. I don't think James is much of an upgrade though.Cutting Howard saves $3 million but Any decent lineman isn't coming at that price. With Baltimore's clear lack of cap space I'd rather they spend it on players that are truly better than what they have now. No marginal gains.

11 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Howard has two years left on his deal. He signed a 3-year contract last offseason.

However, he's not good. I don't think James is much of an upgrade though.Cutting Howard saves $3 million but Any decent lineman isn't coming at that price. With Baltimore's clear lack of cap space I'd rather they spend it on players that are truly better than what they have now. No marginal gains.

I am still on board to keep Howard for one more year as the stopgap solution to the young tackle we probably will draft this year. If we go the Orlando Brown route, Brown could come into play in the middle of the season, and Howard could be the Willie Anderson in jumbo packages.

Just now, Danand said:

I am still on board to keep Howard for one more year as the stopgap solution to the young tackle we probably will draft this year. If we go the Orlando Brown route, Brown could come into play in the middle of the season, and Howard could be the Willie Anderson in jumbo packages.

Now Miami could go the Orlando Brown route.

25 minutes ago, Danand said:

That is very true, although they have a even more glancing need at linebacker.

They drafted Raekwon in the 2nd round last year, but it looks like they'll be cutting Timmons. Roquan and even more so Tremaine, because of his family connection, have to be in play.

Archived