Baltimore Ravens 2018 Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

15 hours ago, Darth Pees said:

A lot of our scoring the latter half of the year was due to our offense getting tremendous field position, in part because of the defense which was facing horrible opposition. If anyone is interested, I would love to see a breakdown of how we scored touchdowns on offense and our starting field position in weeks 10-17.

TBF, we had a million turnovers early in the season too.

29 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

TBF, we had a million turnovers early in the season too.

I'm not saying the offense didn't improve - it did, and it was largely because of the run game and Alex Collins. I think the extent to which it's perceived to have improved is exaggerated greatly.

However, in a bit of optimistic news for the day, Greg Roman is staying and has a new title:

The new title mirrors Jerry Rosburg, he's now "Assistant Head Coach" along with Rosburg. So happy he's staying.

Quite a few folks in NFL General saying they would be willing to pony up $10M+ per year for Ryan Jensen. If that's the going rate, guess he is as good as gone. Would have loved to seen how he performed next to Yanda and Lewis, but what can you do. Here's hoping Skura can perform as well at center as he did at guard this past season.

2 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Quite a few folks in NFL General saying they would be willing to pony up $10M+ per year for Ryan Jensen. If that's the going rate, guess he is as good as gone. Would have loved to seen how he performed next to Yanda and Lewis, but what can you do. Here's hoping Skura can perform as well at center as he did at guard this past season.

If he leaves for that big of a contract, good, I can't wait for that compensation pick. Remember that D'Allesandris just turned an OL with Hurst, Jensen, and Skura into a formidable unit. Now we're getting back Siragusa, Lewis, and Yanda. Jensen can do whatever he wants.

8 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

If he leaves for that big of a contract, good, I can't wait for that compensation pick. Remember that D'Allesandris just turned an OL with Hurst, Jensen, and Skura into a formidable unit. Now we're getting back Siragusa, Lewis, and Yanda. Jensen can do whatever he wants.

Yeah, I don't know what the timetable looks like on Siragusa's return, but assuming everyone is healthy next year I would be okay with rolling out a starting lineup of:

Stanley
Siragusa
Skura
Yanda
Lewis

We'd once again be incredibly thin in terms of depth, but that would be what the draft is for.

7 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Yeah, I don't know what the timetable looks like on Siragusa's return, but assuming everyone is healthy next year I would be okay with rolling out a starting lineup of:

Stanley
Siragusa
Skura
Yanda
Lewis

We'd once again be incredibly thin in terms of depth, but that would be what the draft is for.

I wouldn't say incredibly thin. We still have Hurst as a swing OT/OG, probably a draft pick or two, and some developmental prospects like Eluemonor who are still there as well. That lineup looks great to me.

4 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

I wouldn't say incredibly thin. We still have Hurst as a swing OT/OG, probably a draft pick or two, and some developmental prospects like Eluemonor who are still there as well. That lineup looks great to me.

Hurst is an UFA, and given that he was actually decent this year as a starter, I don't think we'll be able to retain him either. So, at this point it's just Eluemonor (who didn't look very good as a rookie, but granted he was very raw coming in) and whoever we "potentially" draft/bring in via FA. So, I'd call that thin (given what we actually have on the roster at the moment)

5 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Hurst is an UFA, and given that he was actually decent this year as a starter, I don't think we'll be able to retain him either. So, at this point it's just Eluemonor (who didn't look very good as a rookie, but granted he was very raw coming in) and whoever we "potentially" draft/bring in via FA. So, I'd call that thin (given what we actually have on the roster at the moment)

All we have right now are assumptions. IF Jensen and Hurst leave, yeah we're probably thin, but then again if we draft 1/2 OL like we usually do, we get instant depth. We might even sign a FA come late training camp, too. All in all, I feel comfy where we are.

Yea no way we keep Ryan, it's disappointing.

1 minute ago, Darth Pees said:

We still have Hurst as a swing OT/OG

Hurst is a free agent as well. 

At least this years center crop is better but I hate being 'forced' to pick a position due to a lack of depth. It prevents us from getting the BPA.

The projected line would be Stanley- Lewis- Skura- Yanda- Howard. Two players coming back from season ending injuries along with Siragusa, Stanley who's oft injured himself, Skura who is really a depth guy, and Howard who is only getting older. Not the best of OL situations for Harbaugh who is going into his most important season.

24 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Why do you say that?

I don't think the coaches want to ruin a "good thing" with him at LG. Early this year they kept him at LG when their was a glaring hole at RT. He's a solid/good player at LG so lets keep him developing there and get a real tackle.

2 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

I don't think the coaches want to ruin a "good thing" with him at LG. Early this year they kept him at LG when their was a glaring hole at RT. He's a solid/good player at LG so lets keep him developing there and get a real tackle.

I guess it all depends on the health of Nico, but Nico to me is a pure guard who has only ever played guard at any level of football. Lewis looks like he has the build to at least play tackle and has experience at the position in college. If Nico is healthy, you'd have to imagine they want him in their starting sooner rather than later. In which case it makes sense to shift Lewis over. However, I do agree if we get the opportunity to get a bonafide starter at RT, I could envision a scenario in which we grab them and leave Lewis at LG.

1 minute ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I guess it all depends on the health of Nico, but Nico to me is a pure guard who has only ever played guard at any level of football. Lewis looks like he has the build to at least play tackle and has experience at the position in college. If Nico is healthy, you'd have to imagine they want him in their starting sooner rather than later. In which case it makes sense to shift Lewis over. However, I do agree if we get the opportunity to get a bonafide starter at RT, I could envision a scenario in which we grab them and leave Lewis at LG.

Groom him to replace Yanda IMO. I think we'll draft an OT in the first two rounds.

Archived