Joe Flacco has a back injury - Unclear how long out

drd23

Back issues are never a good thing.  Hopefully it is as minor as is being portrayed in these tweets and it doesn't effect him too much by the time the season starts, because the team can't afford to lose him for any length of time in-season

I don't think Flacco is actually going to miss any games. Or much training camp time. But Kaepernick might still be signed regardless. It's not as if Mallett is irreplaceable as the backup quarterback. Not saying I think Colin is a good quarterback, because I really dislike the lack of touch on his passes throughout his career, but there is room to upgrade. And as an overall talent Kaepernick has Mallett beat. And with Greg Roman on the coaching staff the Ravens have somebody familiar with coaching him when he was at his best. 

1 hour ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Are there any updates on Flacco's status? 

No, but from what I hear they just don't want to rush him back for no reason. I suspect next week flacco Will be out throwing passes 

On 7/27/2017 at 0:56 PM, coordinator0 said:

I don't think Flacco is actually going to miss any games. Or much training camp time. But Kaepernick might still be signed regardless. It's not as if Mallett is irreplaceable as the backup quarterback. Not saying I think Colin is a good quarterback, because I really dislike the lack of touch on his passes throughout his career, but there is room to upgrade. And as an overall talent Kaepernick has Mallett beat. And with Greg Roman on the coaching staff the Ravens have somebody familiar with coaching him when he was at his best. 

Depends how much Kaep costs, TBH.

Ravens does put a pride in keeping us in the dark when it comes to injuries.

This could easily be a non-story, and it could just as well be a slipped disc and Flacco won't get to play this year.

No matter what, I still think this is a 6-10/8-8 year based on the transition we have had the last 2 years. Next year we should be able to solidify our oline better through the draft and our young dline and linebacker core should be able to put some pressure on the QB in Suggs last season.

the ravens have nothing to gain by hiding flaccos injury and waiting to sign someone. If he was going to miss anytime this season, they would have already signed someone to get valuable practice/reps. The fact that they are in a holding pattern, signals to me, that its a nagging injury that like all accounts say just needs rest. No need to rush him back to just throw passes in preseason. Its not like hes a rookie and needs offseason practice reps.

55 minutes ago, paraven said:

the ravens have nothing to gain by hiding flaccos injury and waiting to sign someone. If he was going to miss anytime this season, they would have already signed someone to get valuable practice/reps. The fact that they are in a holding pattern, signals to me, that its a nagging injury that like all accounts say just needs rest. No need to rush him back to just throw passes in preseason. Its not like hes a rookie and needs offseason practice reps.

We have heard the same story again and again about how Perriman needs chemistry with Flacco. The same could be said about basically every player on the offense not named Mike Wallace.

Maybe its just because back injuries worries me a lot, but having injuries linger like that usually isn't a good thing

Archived