8th pick in the draft

Rogerthat

1 Browns - Sam darnold- take your pick on which QB it will be

2. Giants - Josh Rosen

3 Colts - Saquon Barkley - this probably the best thing this team can do to support Luck.

4 Browns - Minkah Fitzpatrick - Browns should be a fun team to follow in the years to come with all these picks

5 Broncos - Quenton Nelson - they get a qb in free agency

6 Jets - Baker Mayfied

7 Bucs - Bradley Chubb

8 Bears - ?

players on the board that fits the bears needs.  WR Ridley/Sutton, CB - Jackson/ward, OLB Farrell/key OT McGlichey MLB smith

I think the bears take Arden Key with the 8th pick  I think he fits the 3-4 scheme better than Farrell and the only way the bears are going to be able to address this position is with the draft. All the other positions can be filled multiple ways but OLB is something you have to spend a 1st rounder on 

30191965613_73758d2c5b_o-902x625.jpg

If no trade down is available, I'm open to a few different guys there.

If Fuller and Amukmara are gone, I'm leaning toward Jackson.

I like Ferrill more than Key due to maturity, but I want to know who is the DC developing him.

I'm not opposed to going WR either, especially if we get nothing worthwhile on FA market

1) Trade down

2) O Line.  I'm fine with taking a guard at 8 if it's Nelson.  I don't feel real good about our OL right now, too many questions on health, and I think Whitehair should be a C.  If they feel McGlinchley or OT is better, that's great too.

3) DL/EDGE.  Colin Farrell has less scary ? than Key, and I still feel Key is a lot like Floyd with a heavier frame. I'd love to get B Chubb here but I'll assume he's gone.

4)DB

5) WR. I know it's a big need, but I'm not sure any of these guys warrant using a high pick like this when you could be making the lines better.  Ridley I like a lot, but would prefer to be taking him after a trade down. 

It will come down to who is acquired in FA. I don't see Pace going WR at #8. The draft is deep at WR, CB and RB. And imo he has to cover himself at CB with either resigning Fuller and sign another FA or resign the Prince. The edge position is not very deep in this draft. Guys like Hubbard and Davenport may drop to us in R2 but if we want to get an impact guy in R1, the edge position is where it happens. In your scenario, with Chubb gone, I select Key or Farrell. Either one can be the pass rusher we need but Key is more athletic.  

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

They’d be INSANE in my opinion to take Allen first overall. 

Scouting reports today are saying he’s “Carson Wentz 2.0 , if the Browns believe that, they won’t miss out again. 

Theyve gotta have a sour taste in their mouth after Trubisky and Watson last year. Of course, the front office is changed with Brown gone and Dorsey in, so different people, no ties to last year or to Wentz. But new regime wants their QB... Allen might have the most upside of the bunch, and trading down has bitten the Browns far too often.

2 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Scouting reports today are saying he’s “Carson Wentz 2.0 , if the Browns believe that, they won’t miss out again. 

Theyve gotta have a sour taste in their mouth after Trubisky and Watson last year. Of course, the front office is changed with Brown gone and Dorsey in, so different people, no ties to last year or to Wentz. But new regime wants their QB... Allen might have the most upside of the bunch, and trading down has bitten the Browns far too often.

No doubt the new regime wants their guy, and no body questions Allen’s upside. But, there are also reports out that Allen is a huge project, that he struggles to read defenses and that he relies far too much on his arm, and his floor is REALLY low IMO. I personally worry about his low completion percentage because that’s it something that typically gets a lot better. I think there’s a far better chance he’s Jay Cutler than Wentz personally. I think Allen needs to go somewhere and sit, and I don’t know that the Browns can offer that. I also don’t think once they get a new HC and spend a crap ton of money in FA upgrading the squad that Rosen and/or Darnold will bristle at playing there either. 

I think if Cleveland isn’t sold on Rosen or Darnold, or if Allen is really QB1 to them then they should take Chubb #1 overall. Only 2 picks happen between them and their pick again at 4, and I don’t think Allen is going to be either of them. 

2 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

No doubt the new regime wants their guy, and no body questions Allen’s upside. But, there are also reports out that Allen is a huge project, that he struggles to read defenses and that he relies far too much on his arm, and his floor is REALLY low IMO. I personally worry about his low completion percentage because that’s it something that typically gets a lot better. I think there’s a far better chance he’s Jay Cutler than Wentz personally. I think Allen needs to go somewhere and sit, and I don’t know that the Browns can offer that. I also don’t think once they get a new HC and spend a crap ton of money in FA upgrading the squad that Rosen and/or Darnold will bristle at playing there either. 

I think if Cleveland isn’t sold on Rosen or Darnold, or if Allen is really QB1 to them then they should take Chubb #1 overall. Only 2 picks happen between them and their pick again at 4, and I don’t think Allen is going to be either of them. 

What if it goes 

1. chubb

2. Darnold/Allen

3. Allen/Darnold

4. ???

Rosen has said he won’t play for them, so who knows how that plays out if they take him. Dorsey missing on his guy will be a bad way to start his tenure.

57 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

What if it goes 

1. chubb

2. Darnold/Allen

3. Allen/Darnold

4. ???

Rosen has said he won’t play for them, so who knows how that plays out if they take him. Dorsey missing on his guy will be a bad way to start his tenure.

He didn’t actually say he wouldn’t play for Cleveland, at least that I saw. What he said was that he’s more worried about the right fit than when he gets taken. The conclusion was drawn from that that he didn’t want to be in Cleveland. He could just as well have meant NY for all we know.

Take the “It’s Cleveland” part out of it because by and large it’s stupid. By draft day that may be an appealing spot for a young QB. They presumably will still have Gordon. Say they add Landry too, and have a great shot to draft Barkley at 4. And hire Nagy as their HC. They already have a pretty good OL. How is that a bad spot to land for a young QB?

9 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

I don't see Chubb as being a Pace pick due to some of the immaturity issues.

Does that mean Nelson is out too? He teabagged a guy in today’s game after he pancaked him. 

It was frickin awesome too, if you haven’t seen it. 

1 hour ago, IronMike84 said:

I don't see Chubb as being a Pace pick due to some of the immaturity issues.

Is there more than him just spitting on the FSU logo, if not I think it's a non issue.  Especially when you are getting this kind of player,

In his three years as a starter at N.C. State, Chubb has racked up 192 tackles, 53.5 tackles for loss, 25 sacks, and six forced fumbles.

To put it in perspective, Joey Bosa played a single game more than Chubb and had 44 fewer tackles, 2.5 fewer tackles for loss, one more sack, and one less forced fumble.

All this, and Chubb still has at least one more collegiate game to play

https://thepewterplank.com/2017/11/24/drafting-buccaneers-de-bradley-chubb-scouting-report/

Archived